Fresh IDE install ends up in "Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: com.diffplug.spotless:spotless-maven-plugin:1.24.3:check (execution: codestyle_check, phase: initialize)"

I just did a fresh instal of the 2.5.x branch following the IDE setup guide. Installation was fine, but when I try to import bindings (File:Import:Existing Maven Project, go to bundle folder and import) the build ends up with an error check mark on pom.xml of every imported binding (also doesn’t work with just 1):

Overing over the x brings a message
Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: com.diffplug.spotless:spotless-maven-plugin:1.24.3:check (execution: codestyle_check, phase: initialize)

Selecting “Jump to parent pom” brings me to
Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-25 um 18.29.07

Selecting solution “Mark check as ignored in pom.xml” inserts the following into pom.xml

Selecting solution “Mark check as ignored in Eclipse preferences” seems to fix it, but…not sure if this is the solution.

I found this post, but the solution is not available in my situation (Discover new m2e connector). Still looking forward to a solution.

@Bruce_Osborne any idea?

Yes that is the solution. The error is because eclipse doesn’t recognize that specific maven plugin part. But for usage it doesn’t have any influence. I think it’s related to this being changed recently in the pom, but not updated in the eclipse openHAB setup file (which should be fixed) or when you update the source code of the openHAB project in an existing eclipse setup you would also get this new message.

1 Like