FRITZ! Binding cannot reconnect when Fritzbox was offline

Hi Christoph,

encouraged by your post I restarted my OH system and now it connects again to the FB7580 and all smarthome devices are back online. Something must have been stuck. Sorry for the noise.

Thanks & regards, Thomas

No problem. I am glad you got it working again.

Same behavior here. After FritzBox Update, log was full of disconnect notifications. Restarting the openhab2 service does the trick. In Ubuntu:

sudo service openhab2 restart

I have the same issue, after a desconnect in the night from my Provider, the eventlog will be full with the offline messages. a reboot helps but then I must reboot oh every day - thats makes not really sense. use OH 2.5.4 and FB 7490 FW 7.12
best
Christian

2 Likes

I also must restart openHAB after a reboot of my Fritz!Box 6660 Cable. Unfortunately there currently seems to be a bug in Fritz!OS 1.14 which makes this necessary every couple of days. Basically the box runs out of memory. First the web UI stops working and then the internet connection goes shortly afterwards.

Discussion:
https://www.vodafonekabelforum.de/viewtopic.php?p=662066#p662066
(German language version only, sorry.)

Even before that the Box would occasionally reboot. Possibly due to problems with the cable or by remote command of the provider. (My box is not branded, but could still be controlled remotely.) No matter what the cause, openHAB gets unusable afterwards. I can see that activities like item state changes are still being logged continuously. But the Fritz! actuators are non responsive and many errors related to the Fritz!Box being unnreachable are being logged. My HomeBridge installation seems to stop working as well, although I configured everything by IP address (not alias).

It is really hard to tell what exactly goes on, but it strongly points in the direction of the Fritz!Box bindings. So much so that I am considering to stop using the bindings for a while to try to isolate the problem. I currently using the “AVM Fritz! Binding” to control a couple of smart home actuators and the TR064 binding for presence detection.

Edit: openHAB 2.5.3

Yeah, thanks for pointing out. Same thing happens to me with 6591 Cable on FW 07.13. This is actually the first time this has happened, hope it doesn’t happen too often. I guess all we can do is wait for AVM to fix it and for Vodafone to implement the update.

Previously I had the situation every once in a while that the Box suddenly went offline in OH

2020-04-22 17:37:29.122 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'avmfritz:fritzbox:1' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): FRITZ!Box does not respond

so I wrote a rule to restart the binding once that happened, but obviously this doesn’t work here…

Hi,
i have the same problem it seems (OH 2.5.4) to occur in the moment i restart OH; Wenn i clear the cache in OH and then restart OH it works again;
So - im not sure if this is more a OH problem then one of the AVM-Device.

Hi all,

I have the same or a similar issue since several days.
Setup is oh2.5 and a fritzbox 7590 running 7.20 firmware.

OH shows me that fritzbox is not responding.
A restart of OH solves the issue for some hours.

Any fix or hint highly appreciated :slight_smile:
Christian

I also see plenty of connect failures after upgrading to the latest 2.5.8.

Lost connection to Fritzbox because of interrupt

My binding monitpring reports a great number of problems since the upgrade. Usually it only lasts milliseconds, or a couple seconds. But it’s still annoying.
Also I no longer get all incoming/outgoing calls reported, but I have to see if that is connected to this problem, or a separate issue.

Unfortunately same problem here in the following constellations:

OH 2.5.8/2.5.10/3.0.0M2 (debian and alpine)
FB7590

In OH3 it’s the first time I can reliably stop and restart the binding (when FB is online) but after a FB reboot this way does not work anymore. So I would suspect the combination of binding and binding handler responsible for the problem.

Until the next OH restart the binding status is pending between Initializing and Unknown.

Any other ideas/experiences from your side?

it seems to autorecover on my side after a while tho.

21:28:02.938 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'avmfritz:fritzbox:fritz' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Request is invalid to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): FRITZ!Box does not respond.
21:28:03.558 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'avmfritz:fritzbox:fritz' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): FRITZ!Box does not respond. to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Request is invalid
21:28:04.551 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'avmfritz:fritzbox:fritz' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Request is invalid to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): FRITZ!Box does not respond.
21:28:05.052 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'avmfritz:fritzbox:fritz' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): FRITZ!Box does not respond. to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Request is invalid
21:28:06.098 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'avmfritz:fritzbox:fritz' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Request is invalid to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): FRITZ!Box does not respond.
21:28:16.354 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'avmfritz:fritzbox:fritz' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): FRITZ!Box does not respond. to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Request is invalid
21:28:18.655 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'avmfritz:fritzbox:fritz' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Request is invalid to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): FRITZ!Box does not respond.
21:28:19.157 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'avmfritz:fritzbox:fritz' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): FRITZ!Box does not respond. to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Request is invalid
21:28:19.657 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'avmfritz:fritzbox:fritz' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Request is invalid to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): FRITZ!Box does not respond.
21:28:20.442 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'avmfritz:fritzbox:fritz' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): FRITZ!Box does not respond. to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Request is invalid
21:28:20.444 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'avmfritz:fritzbox:fritz' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Request is invalid to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): FRITZ!Box does not respond.
21:28:20.444 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'avmfritz:fritzbox:fritz' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): FRITZ!Box does not respond. to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Request is invalid
21:28:20.943 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'avmfritz:fritzbox:fritz' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Request is invalid to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): FRITZ!Box does not respond.
21:28:22.656 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'avmfritz:fritzbox:fritz' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): FRITZ!Box does not respond. to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Request is invalid
21:28:23.042 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'avmfritz:fritzbox:fritz' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Request is invalid to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): FRITZ!Box does not respond.
21:28:24.137 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'avmfritz:fritzbox:fritz' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): FRITZ!Box does not respond. to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Request is invalid
21:28:26.586 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'avmfritz:fritzbox:fritz' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Request is invalid to ONLINE
21:28:26.594 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_301:fritz:bedroom-heater' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE) to ONLINE
21:28:26.598 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_200:fritz:livingroom-subwoofer' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE) to ONLINE
21:28:26.602 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_301:fritz:livingroom-heater' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE) to ONLINE
21:28:26.605 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_301:fritz:house-heater' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE) to ONLINE
21:28:26.610 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_200:fritz:mancave-ac' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE) to ONLINE
21:28:27.145 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ThingUpdatedEvent    ] - Thing 'avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_200:fritz:livingroom-subwoofer' has been updated.
21:28:27.152 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Livingroom_Subwoofer_energy changed from NULL to 0.024 kWh
21:28:27.176 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Livingroom_Subwoofer_power changed from NULL to 13.300 W
…

Dear all,

same issue with OpenHAB 2.5.10 and FB6490 FritzOS 7.20.

Have to find a work around until this is fixed since I currently use the FritzDECT 200 smart plugs quite extensively (e.g. for the Coffee Machine warm up in the morning) :slight_smile:

Thx
JF

Dear Jens,

Do you have a disabled avmfritz Thing? @Bushido and I discovered a problem when disabling Things and restarting the FRITZ!Box. The same issue may be the culprit for in other situations too. We developed a fix and submitted it. It will be part of the not OH2.5.x release or it already is available in OH3.M3.

Best,
Christoph

Hi Christoph,

not sure I get you right: if you meant if I do have things in disabled (OFF) state when the FritzBox gets rebooted the answer is clearly yes: some things are rarely used and thus most of the times „off“.

Hope this is not stupid question - any other meaning of disabled?

Jens

Hi Jens,

you understood right - the bug did influence various constellations, but could be triggered by “disabling a thing” (managed by AVMFRITZ binding). For me the problem was solved after fixing the bug. As mentioned by @cweitkamp the fix is included in OH3.M3 (or the latest snaphots) und will be part of OH2.5.11 (not released yet).

Regards

Thank you Bushido, appreciate your support and am happily waiting for 2.5.11 :slight_smile:

Jens

Hi, for me this workaround works fine:

OPENHAB 2.5.11 - FB 7590 - OS 7.21 Works fine

OPENHAB 3.1.0#2115 - FB 7590 - OS 7.21: Integration of things works, but after reboot of Obenhabian (not FB) only 4 of 12 things are online. Disabeling of a thing with status unknown or online to disabled does not improve the situation. BUT in my case disabeling of remote DECT 440 (from online to disabled, 5 sec) causes, that all things are going to be online. After all thnings online, remote is allowed to enable (going to online) and all things remain online.

(using also MQTT & astro binding)

2 Likes

I also found, sometimes an activced AVM FRITZ!DECT 440 disturbs the discovery / scan process.

Now I’m on OH 2.5.11 and this issue isn’t gone away. Interesting is that it stops if it wants. No plan, no combination, no structure. Yesterday and the day before without problems, topday at 11:35 some doay ago at 2:xx pm, sometimes early in the morning. After a reboot is was solved until the next stop. Here it is really heavy to figure out the reason and at the moment I have no clue really.

forgot : the user itself works, I can login into the fritzbox with this user without problems. In the event log there are also no errors.

best
Christian

1 Like

Whooaaa, that was exactly, what I was looking for. That hint did the trick. Since days I reinstall all my things and bindings, but didn’t had an idea, how to fix unkown things. Thank you very much for your help. Even not found things can now be scanned again.