FritzBoxtr064 binding not working

Hello everybody,

I am new to OpenHAB and have some weird problems, so I am addressing you.

I have installed the binding fritzboxtr064 version 1.12.0.

I can configure the binding itself but I can not search things. I click on the ‘+’ and then select the appropriate binding and then can not do anything. We can see in the following screenshot.

I can not get any further here.

I’ve already tried installing a newer version (1.9.0) of the bindings, but here it fails with the following error message:

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.fritzboxtr064 [12]

When I list the bundles, I see that the binding seems to have been installed correctly:

12 │ Installed │ 80 │ 1.9.0.201609212013 │ openHAB FritzboxTr064 Binding

In PaperUI, however, I can still only select version 1.12.

Here, too, I can not get on with it.

I use the openHAB version 2.3.0 on a Raspberry Pi and have the following Java version:

openjdk version “1.8.0_152”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu Embedded 8.25.0.76-linux-aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_152-b76)
OpenJDK Client VM (Zulu Embedded 8.25.0.76-linux-aarch32hf) (build 25.152-b76, mixed mode, evaluation)

Can anybody help me further?

OK, there are a few confusions here.

Version 1.12 is the latest version. Version 1.9.0 is a much older version.

This is a minor confusion.

The big confusion is that this binding is an OH 1.x version binding. There are no Things in OH 1.x version bindings. That is one of the biggest differences between OH 1.x and OH 2.x. OH 1.x bindings do not support Things and therefore do not support automatic discovery.

I’m surprised you were able to do as much with this binding as you already have in PaperUI. PaperUI only really supports OH 2 bindings.

To use this binding, you will need to create a .items file and manually define Items as documented here.

Not to forget the services/fritzboxtr064.cfg file :sunglasses::smiley:

There are a few OH 1.x bindings that support configuration through PaperUI. Nest 1.x is one example. I just assumed that this was one of those bindings since OP mentioned that he configured the binding already. Is that wrong?

I don’t know, never used that binding. But I was not aware of the fact that

It’s working now, thank you for your help.

How? Config file or PaperUI config? Answer would be helpful for other users coming across this post.

I have entered the following in the fritzboxtr064.cfg in the services folder:

url=http://yourFritzboxIP:49000
refresh=60000
user=openhabian
pass=your password

Then I created a items file to turn the WLAN on and off:

Switch fboxWifi24 “2.4GHz Wifi” {gfritzbox) {fritzboxtr064 = “wifi24Switch”}
Switch fboxWifi50 “5.0GHz Wifi” {fritzboxtr064 = “wifi50Switch”}
Switch fboxGuestWifi “Guest Wifi” {fritzboxtr064 = “wifiGuestSwitch”}

And of course the necessary changes in the sitemap and now it’s working.

1 Like