FrOSCon 2022

Hi all,

FrOSCon has been announced for August 20+21, 2022 and it seems that it will be an on-site conference again this year. It is one of the bigger Open Source conferences in Europe and definitely the biggest in Germany - it has always been fun to attend it and I can very much recommend it (btw, it is free!).

We (the openHAB Foundation) plan to apply for a booth again so that we can show openHAB to interested people and talk about it. As it is always more fun, if a few people are present at the booth, we are looking for community members that would love to help us there. If you are interested, please let us know (either here on the thread or via DM). Many thanks!

7 Likes

I will be there as usual, but some new faces would be perfect. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi

Do you think it would be an appropriate event to take a small stand for Velbus?
It’s not entirely open source, but the protocol is completely open.

Alternatively, would you like a small Velbus demo unit to use on the stand to demonstrate the power of openHAB?

Do you think it would be an appropriate event to take a small stand for Velbus?

I’m not too sure. In general, the event is much more about software than hardware and it is also not specific to smart home technologies.

Alternatively, would you like a small Velbus demo unit to use on the stand to demonstrate the power of openHAB?

We usually have a typical openHAB demo setup that we use for our booth (@hmerk takes care of that). I’m not sure about the size of the booth, but it is likely too small to squeeze in two demos there.

1 Like

Fair comment.

If you and the team ever do want to take up the offer of a demo unit, please just ask.

There’s a Briefcase sized one or much bigger units.

Always happy to help/ give back where I can.

1 Like

Thanks, much appreciated!

1 Like

Bad news: Jerome isn’t able to make it to FrOSCon and we didn’t have any other volunteer. We therefore won’t be present this year. :frowning: