Frustrated: InsteonPLM not transmitting on OH2 4.0.8

In preparation for writing some rules, I tried updating OH2 to the latest. And of course, insteonplm broke. The system in on a raspberry pi with a USB insteon plm. It’s my own Raspbian install since I started using this before the HAB version was released… also, I find I must run from a USB stick since the Pi eats SD cards… not sure if the HAB version supports that…

Previously, I needed to manually chmod 777 /usr/ttyUSB0 before starting OH2. So, at first I thought that might be it. OH2 seems to think that it is sending insteon commands, but no lights ever change states. I confirmed that I can change insteon modules using insteon-terminal.

The only clue I have right now is that my prior logs always say this:

openhab.log.1:2017-03-20 01:22:32.325 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.driver.SerialIOStream] - successfully opened port /dev/ttyUSB0

Now, there’s no mention of SerialIOStream at all in the logs…

What can I do to debug this? It’s very frustrating that OpenHab2 seems to be very chaotically put together, but I suppose that’s a function of trying to support so many types of hardware…

Thanks!
Rudy

The command I needed was “feature:install openhab-binding-insteonplm1”

I found it because of a page I was reading that talked about how to upgrade from 1.x to 2.0 and it mentioned the “feature:uninstall” command. That got me looking and sure enough I found the insteonplm1 feature.

This was extremely nonobvious… And it basically is reason why home control is always arcane and nerdy. Sigh…