Fun project: kotlin scripting for openHAB

Have you looked into metadata? It’s not currently accessible through the Rules DSL, but I do not see why this wouldn’t be opened up. I have not yet been successful accessing metadata from JSR223, but I would think this should be possible.

2 Likes

Everything looks fine. Maintainers are are god go pray to them.

I am outta here and this community. Go pray to your maintainers.

Seen this ragequit coming long ago :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I am absolutely convinced you made the right decision! Farewell, and please never come back!
Thank you!

Ganesh (I’ve suspect that’s you returned in another guise for awhile now and this confirms it), if you see this I have one last parting statement for you but I’m mainly posting this for everyone else who comes along with big ideas.

OH is a community project. You have to work with the members of the community and work within the rules and procedures of the community. If you are not willing to work with the members of this community, in particular the maintainers, then you will accomplish nothing.

I fail to understand why a suggestion that you actually work with the members of the community who actually decide what does and does not become part of the baseline is grounds for quitting. But if you would rather quit then actually discuss anything with the people who can actually support your work then you were never going to accomplish anything anyway. Nothing you do can become part of the baseline without their support.

If you want to fork OH or ESH and go build your own please do so. But don’t expect me or anyone else on this forum to support you in that. This isn’t the “Support Ganesh/diyha’s latest grand ideas” forum. If it doesn’t improve OH I’m not interested.

I believe you will be much happier if you just fork OH or ESH and go build your own thing. Then you will have full power to make any changes you want to the baseline unilaterally, since apparently actually working with people is too hard for you.

And in the future, I will trust my intuition and refrain from engaging the next time I suspect you have come back in another guise. I’m sure Kai will delete this account too if you ask.

1 Like

You were never my fan. Why start now.
Go ahead delete my account and posts.

I do hope that no one will delete your posts, they are definitely a “how not to act inside a community” example.
I do hope though that your rage will disappear, and that you will thoroughly read the feedback you had from this community’s members and reconsider at least the attitude!
You, “my dear”, have been rude!

2 Likes

Well, good luck to you all. I also want to show the world how the community is cocky with new ideas and new person.

If you got nothing to contribute to Kotlin ideas, please leave the thread.

Please show us some work in Kotlin (I don’t think anyone has seen any, you have posted only some ideas on how a Kotlin script should look like in your opinion, but no viable code on how this is achievable), so we can contribute!
Do you have any code that might interest us?
Thank you, again!
Again, I must say that after all the back and forth, you are pushing further than anyone should!

Thanks my friend. I have nothing against anyone in particular, but lets say good luck to each other.

2 Likes

Thanks! You are right!

Rich, my friend, don’t let me or anyone bring the dark out of your heart. Even I feel bad when I do that to a special friend like you.
I play tricks to search for darkness in peoples hearts.

Yep, thought the same from his firsts posts …

2 Likes

Asvilabs India, is committed to Kotlin and ESH integration. Anyone who does not want to contribute constructively is advised to stay away from the thread. We appreciate all the inputs from senior members so far.

Mr. Rich, the Kotlin extensions we will be contributing in open source will not disrupt any ongoing development processes. Those will be optional components. Those who like the new extensions will contribute in that language. The maintainers will have no additional load of approval/design/discussion/code review cycles.

This is a community process. No one should be in position to bash new ideas based on their personal judgments. Otherwise, please don’t advertise it as open community. We are perfectly fine with closed companies and teams.

Metadata is not yet very structured. its just a tagging mechanism for alexa and sisters. when I say abstractions, I mean specific systems like HVAC, the app developer gets a nice API for manipulating HVAC system, regardless of the hardware and binding at a given site.
We will support metadata as well, as part of Kotlin integration. There will be a provider. But the goal is much larger than that. The alexa integration, we will re-write as per new abstraction system.

The code has taken shape and licensing is under heavy debate at my firm. Be patient and be kind to the very people who are trying to help you.
:slight_smile: