Gardena Binding 2.4 Items for PowerPlugs

• Platform information:
    • RaspberryPI 3
    • openHAB version: 2.4

Hello,
I have been working with Opnehab for a few weeks now.

So far, I have successfully integrated things and items from the WeatherBinding, AstroBinding and Sonoff MQTT bindings into the BasicUI via configuration files.

Now I would like to integrate my Gardena Smart garden irrigation in Opnehab. I was able to integrate the Gardena Binding according to the binding documentation.
I also successfully integrated the SmartSensor into my SiteMap. All channels of the sensor are displayed correctly.
Now I want to integrate the smart power sockets as well. They are also automatically recognized in the PaperUI as a thing with 3 channels:

Signal strength:
gardena: power: SmartHomeFA: PWR_Fountain: radio # state (Number)

Error:
gardena: power: SmartHomeFA: PWR_Fountain: power # error (string)

On Time:
gardena: power: SmartHomeFA: PWR_Fountain: power # power_timer (String)

Possible values ​​for the string are:
On, Off, 1 minute, 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, 5 hours, 12 hours, 1 day, 3 days, 1 week and 2 weeks

Unfortunately, I can not find a description of how I can integrate these string values ​​into the BasicUI via a switch item.
As I said, with the description from the Gardena Binding documentation, unfortunately, I can not continue.

I would be glad, if someone could help me here.

It would also be great if someone already has a solution for the valve control. These are next on the agenda.

Thank you and greetings
Erftstadt near Cologne
Andreas

1 Like

Hi,

I don’t own the powerplugs, but the valve works just great.

I manually include the Gardena bridge using a Things file:

Bridge gardena:account:home [ email="me@me.com", password="secret", refresh=30 ]

And then the gardena devices pop into the openhab inbox.

The items to control the valve:

Switch WateringValve "Watering" {channel="gardena:watering_computer:home:b47a24e5-35fc-5648-b09f-f04a46883e48:outlet#valve_open",expire="5m,command=OFF" }
Number WateringSignal "Watering signal [%s]" {channel="gardena:watering_computer:home:b47a24e5-35fc-5648-b09f-f04a46883e48:radio#state"}
Number WateringBattery "Watering battery [%d %%]" {channel="gardena:watering_computer:home:b47a24e5-35fc-5648-b09f-f04a46883e48:battery#level"}
DateTime WateringOnline "Watering updated [%1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY %1$tH:%1$tM]" { channel="gardena:watering_computer:home:b47a24e5-35fc-5648-b09f-f04a46883e48:device_info#last_time_online",expire="2h"}
Number WateringTempAmbient "Outlet temp [%.1f C]" {channel="gardena:watering_computer:home:b47a24e5-35fc-5648-b09f-f04a46883e48:ambient_temperature#temperature"}

You’ll see I use the expire binding twice here:

• as a safety feature, so that the valve always closes after 5 minutes.
  • to detect the device going offline - 2 hours without any updates will switch WateringOnline to NUL, which I can catch with a rule.

Dan

Hi Dan,
Thank you for your reply.
I just noticed that I did not mean the valve, controlled by the irrigation computer, but the 6 valves controlled by the smart Irrigation Control.
I think there are other channels available.
But thanks for your info.
Andreas

1 Like