Gardena Binding - java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError

I currently have trouble with the Gardena Binding with latest Snapshot 2.3 xx.

The binding is showing the Gardena Smart Gateway as : Gardena Smart Home Account - Status: INITIALIZING

I get this error:

2018-05-03 07:04:23.946 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘gardena:account:c8356fcb’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Expected static field org.openhab.binding.gardena.internal.discovery.GardenaDeviceDiscoveryService.scheduler

at org.openhab.binding.gardena.internal.discovery.GardenaDeviceDiscoveryService.loadDevices(GardenaDeviceDiscoveryService.java:83) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.gardena.internal.discovery.GardenaDeviceDiscoveryService.startScan(GardenaDeviceDiscoveryService.java:66) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.gardena.handler.GardenaAccountHandler.lambda$0(GardenaAccountHandler.java:77) ~[?:?]

What does this error mean and how can I fix this.

The version of binding you’re running is incompatible with the version of OH you’re running.

See here.

Thanks for the quick feedback.

So what needs to be done now? Or do I just need to wait for a updated version?

What version of OH are you running, and what version of the gardena binding are you running?

I’m pretty certain that updating to the latest snapshot release (and using the gardena binding from that release) should fix the problem.

I´m on using the last 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT Build #1270 with 2.3.0.201803101457 | Gardena Binding

All is on a rock64 with Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS (arm64) running openhabian … java is openjdk version “1.8.0_162”.

It looks to me that the gardena binding was built before the breaking change (breaking change was on 20180316), so it is incompatible with the OH version you’re running. I’m wondering why the gardena binding is so old given that you are on a pretty recent snapshot version.

Found the error, for some reason I had 2 different addons on system.

Thanks for your support.

Hi,
Please tell me how you resolved the issue, as I have exactly the same problem.