Gardena Smart System

Hello, which channel do you use? I am using the 2.5.5 version of the gardena binding. I get status etc. but Park and manuel start doesen´t work. Has anyone a Idea?

It would be greate if anyone has some example for mower items.

Same problem here :frowning:

Hi,

I hope it’s fine to post my issue here, as it is related to the Gardena binding… if not please advise on where to post it.

After doing some maintenance and upgrading to openhab 3.1.0 a few days ago, I recognized that there are some warnings in my openhab.log.

2021-07-06 17:37:44.493 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.GardenaAccountHandler] - org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpResponseException: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header
2021-07-06 17:37:55.330 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.GardenaAccountHandler] - org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpResponseException: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header
2021-07-06 17:38:13.252 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.GardenaAccountHandler] - org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpResponseException: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header
2021-07-06 17:38:24.221 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.GardenaAccountHandler] - org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpResponseException: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header
2021-07-06 17:38:35.181 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.GardenaAccountHandler] - org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpResponseException: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header
2021-07-06 17:38:45.870 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.GardenaAccountHandler] - org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpResponseException: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header
2021-07-06 17:38:56.697 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.GardenaAccountHandler] - org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpResponseException: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header
2021-07-06 17:39:13.142 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.GardenaAccountHandler] - org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpResponseException: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header

I’m not a 100% sure if it started after the upgrade or was there already before, as I do keep the log files in RAM only. However, I’m very sure that I haven’t seen this a few weeks ago, when I was adding some other items to the system.

• My installation is running on a PI4B 4GB with CentOS 7, openHAB 3.1.0
  • openhabs configuration is fully text-based
  • I have cleaned openhabs cache already, and also re-issued the authentication token

However, with no success and not getting rid of this warning.

Any hint and/or advise is greatly appreciated!

(I am happy to provide more details, logs, etc. on request…)

Thanks and regards
Karsten

I had the same issue and digged deeper into the warning which revealed that “I” supposedly had made to many requests to the gardena API and they basically had throttled the access via their gateway.

The only way to get rid of it was to create a new API key here and then update it in the binding.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback on this :slight_smile: !

Just did what you wrote, and immediately after the warnings went away…

Thanks!!