GE Concord Alarm Panel Binding

I’m planning to build a GE Concord binding and am interested to find out if there is any interest in that integration. I’ve already built a separate stand alone web app to talk to the panel via the SuperBus Automaton Module so it should be straightforward to build the bindings. Anyone else useing a GE Concord panel who might want to connect to OpenHab?


Yes! I have a Concord 4 and have been interested in how I could incorporate it. I definitely would use the binding if one were available.


1 Like

I would be extremely interested as I recently had a GE Concord system installed. I would also be willing to help where possible as my background is development. Have you posted your stand alone web app anywhere?

Kurt, any chance this post is still active or you have done any work on a Concord4 Binding?

How can i help!

Would be nice to see your web app that talk to the panel!

I’ve got to get this dusted off and get working on it. That was my whole point in using OpenHab … to tie it in to my GE Concord!

1 Like

Good to hear that!
I have a Concord panel, and time to help!

I also have the panel and time to help! Please let us know what we can do Kurt or if you can share the code for you stand alone web app.

1 Like

Any updates on this? I finally got around to purchasing the Home Automation Module and would love to see it work with OpenHab

I was just dusting this off, now that OpenHab 2 has shipped the timing seems really good. I’ve created a Java library that talks to the Automation Module and can send and receive commands. I’d love to take it to the next level.

To make it easy to talk to the home automation module I purchased a parallel to ethernet converter and effectively put the Automation Module on my home network. It took a little fiddling but it works swimmingly. My Java implementation is only tested for reading from the network port but it should work the same from a local port as well. How are you planning to have your development code talk to the automation module?


1 Like

So a question for you, would you prefer coding be in Java or in something else? I thought about Groovy or Node, but Java is my preferred language.

Java is fine with me. I purchased a serial to USB converter but I could also purchase ethernet as well. Could I test your code using my serial to USB converter? Do you have your current Java code posted anywhere?

So I fired up my server for the first time in months and it wouldn’t connect. Turns out my Lantronix serial to ethernet device server is likely dead. I’m going to try a Raspberry Pi and USB to Serial adapter. For development purposes I’ll try using socat to create a virtual serial port on the network. That should let me get the server back on its feet so I can clean up the code for you.

Ok just let me know when you have cleaned up the code and are ready to share.

Hi there!

What about a ESP8266 bridge to the serial port?

I think as long as you can get a DB-9 serial connection, there are lots of options. You can buy a cheap DB-9 to USB adapter and go straight to a computer, you can use a serial-to-ethernet adapter (I used the Lantronix UDS-10 until it died), or you can probably use the ESP8266.

Once you have a connection, getting the bytes from the Concord 4 is pretty simple. What’s hard is the blasted protocol, which is really strange in some places.

1 Like

Something like this could be a good, cheap option as well:

I may try it since just connecting straight to a networked serial port is very simple for development purposes, rather than stationing a compute node right by the security panel. This device could even be mounted inside the panel housing. Once you configure it, it’s a piece of cake to open a port and tunnel serial protocols over TCP/UDP.

1 Like

Good recommendations. I purchased a cheap Serial to USB for now (

I have also been testing some Concord 4 Python code I found on github ( with the AM until your code becomes available. Extremely easy to install and get running. From my testing so far it can successfully arm and disarm my system as well as get the name and status of all 8 zones I have configured.

Here’s a quick status report: I’ve got the code dusted off and functional again. I updated it to use Spring Boot, which simplified the code considerably. I’ve got to figure out how to get it into a GIT repository and it needs some cleanup, but it’s working.

I’ll be doing that this week and hopefully I’ll have a functional Java server for us to talk to. Then we can move on to the step of integrating it into OpenHab, either as native code or by communicating with it via a REST service or something. We can figure that out when we get to that point.