GE Z-Wave Plus 40-Amp Indoor/Outdoor Smart Switch

I bought THIS a few days ago and I was at 3.1.0-M2… When I attempted to pair the device it would sometimes show up as unknown device and once (just once) I got it to detect as the proper device, but I could never get the controls to work. I tried upgrading to the latest milestone and to the latest unstable in hopes of getting working, but now it invariably shows as an unknown z-wave device. What information should I try to collect to help troubleshoot?

Here are some log snippets:

20:29:41.304 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'zwave:device:3b823768:node33' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
20:29:41.313 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - Initializing ZWave thing handler zwave:device:3b823768:node33.
20:29:41.315 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'zwave:device:3b823768:node33' changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Controller is offline
20:29:41.318 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 33: MANUFACTURER not set
20:29:41.320 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 33: Controller status changed to ONLINE.
20:29:41.321 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 33: Controller is ONLINE. Starting device initialisation.
20:29:41.324 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'zwave:device:3b823768:node33' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Controller is offline to ONLINE
20:29:41.325 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 33: Updating node properties.
20:29:41.328 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 33: Updating node properties. MAN=2147483647
20:29:41.330 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 33: Properties synchronised
20:29:41.333 [DEBUG] [ave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Event listener added.
20:29:41.335 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 33: Initialising Thing Node...
20:29:41.336 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 33: Polling initialised at 1800 seconds - start in 1747800 milliseconds.
20:29:41.337 [DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 33: Device initialisation complete.

I’m not sure if you’ve filtered out all the “good stuff”, but I don’t see any communications with the device. If it worked at one point, then my guess is that the problem is a comms issue - ie the device is out of range, or not properly included, or something like that. This means the binding can’t detect the device and associate it with a database entry.

I cleared it out and re-added and this is what I see in the logs:

21:20:14.962 [WARN ] [zwave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 33: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! Manufacturer data not known.
21:20:14.968 [INFO ] [ig.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing 'zwave:device:3b823768:node33' to inbox.
21:20:14.969 [INFO ] [openhab.event.InboxAddedEvent        ] - Discovery Result with UID 'zwave:device:3b823768:node33' has been added.

Currently using 3.1.0~S2400 build.

Ouch, that seems expensive… at least if compared to this Aeotec ZW078, which I am using to run my Sprinkler Pump and it works great with 3.1.0 binding.