Get var to use with executeCommandLine

I have a group called Lights i use in a rule. How do i find out witch item in that group that activates the rule and the new state of that item.

rule "Alle lys send push"
        when
                Item Lights received update
        then
                executeCommandLine("D:\\openhab2\\playsoundwait3.exe D:\\openhab2\\conf\\sounds\\warn.wav")
                executeCommandLine("D:\\openhab2\\pushnote.exe \"itemname\" \"newstate\" \"kodi\"")
        end

Sorry to bump. But is there really no way to get the item name and state of the item that activated the Group item rule.

OpenHAB could really use a good documentation.

Its a common desire, examples

If you have persistence on the items you can do:

val light = Lights.members.sortBy[lastUpdate].last

OH 2 documentation is being worked and we would welcome the help. And for most things like this the OH 1 Wiki is a good source for documentation as well.

I wrote this up just now more thoroughly here:

Hi. Thanks but it just returns me a error.

when
then
        val light = Lights.members.sortBy[lastUpdate].last
        logInfo("Test", light)
end

2016-11-10 22:14:03.170 [ERROR] [.script.engine.ScriptExecutionThread] - Rule 'Alle lys send push': An error occured during the script execution: Could not invoke method: org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script.actions.LogAction.logInfo(java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.Object[]) on instance: null
2016-11-10 22:14:03.914 [ERROR] [.script.engine.ScriptExecutionThread] - Rule 'Alle lys send push': An error occured during the script execution: Could not invoke method: org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script.actions.LogAction.logInfo(java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.Object[]) on instance: null

Hi. The same here!

when
then
  Lights.members.forEach[ currItem |
    val itemName = currItem.name
    if ((Lights.get(itemName) == null))
    {
      logInfo("hashInit", "item: " + itemName + ", value: true" )
      Lights.put(itemName, true)
    }
  ]
end

2016-11-10 22:22:09.446 [ERROR] [.script.engine.ScriptExecutionThread] - Rule 'Alle lys send push': The name '<XFeatureCallImplCustom>.get(<XFeatureCallImplCustom>)' cannot be resolved to an item or type.
2016-11-10 22:22:10.334 [ERROR] [.script.engine.ScriptExecutionThread] - Rule 'Alle lys send push': The name '<XFeatureCallImplCustom>.get(<XFeatureCallImplCustom>)' cannot be resolved to an item or type.

You must configure persistence on all the members of Lights and all the members of Lights must have been persisted at least once for this to work. And since this won’t work with a periodic update you must persist on everyUpdate or everyChange. That means after you configured persistence you must exercise each of the lights so they all have a persisted value.

I have.

* : strategy = everyChange, everyDay, restoreOnStartup

And all lights have been on minimum 2 times

Could it be that it is a mix of Dimmers and Switchs?

I just tested and no that is not the problem.

The two errors are not the same. Lets deal with the second one first.

A Group is not the same thing as a HashMap. You can’t get and put on a Group and you cannot trigger a Rule on a HashMap.

And you cannot have a variable with the same name as a Group or an Item.

So what is Lights?

What are you trying to do in this second rule? It makes no sense as written.

I’m not sure what Item’s toString returns. Add some logging to see what is happening.

logInfo("Test", "Lights has " + Lights.members.size + " members")
logInfo("Test", "Lights has " + Lights.members.filter[l|l.lastUpdate != null].size + " members with a lastUpdate")
val GenericItem light = Lights.members.sortBy[lastUpdate].last
logInfo("Test", "The most recently updated Light is " + light.name)

When you run the above the number of members should equal the number with a last update.

That worked. I have something to work with… Thanks.