Getting Dimmer (Brightness value) from Shelly RGBW2 MQTT

Newbie to Openhab and been playing for a number of weeks now! So far got everything working great going from the documentation and forum posts - thanks!

One thing I can get to work… I am using several Shelly devices on MQTT, using the embedded MQTT broker in OH2.4.

I can control the ON/OFF and Brightness commands on the Shelly RGBW2 just fine. I can also read the feedback from the device on the ON/OFF topic. I can’t seem to get the dimmer (brightness) channels to update from the MQTT topics being broadcast from the device.

In the log i see this:
2019-08-12 21:16:56.298 [WARN ] [eneric.internal.generic.ChannelState] - Incoming payload ‘{“ison”:true,“mode”:“white”,“brightness”:3,“power”:0.67,“overpower”:false}’ not supported by type ‘PercentageValue’

I thought maybe i needed to change the type to ‘Numeric Value’ on the channel, i did that but got the same error (except ‘Not supported type Numeric value’).

I tried the JSONPATH:$.“brightness” and also “JSONPATH:$.brightness”, but for both i see the log information “Transformation service JSONPATH for pattern $.“brightness” not found!” .

Any help greatly appreciated! Many thanks!

See

Thank you! School boy error there!