Getting jsondb error on startup: me.storage.json.internal.JsonStorage

after one 25. Build i now have always one error in the log:

[me.storage.json.internal.JsonStorage] - Couldn’t deserialize value ‘org.eclipse.smarthome.storage.json.internal.StorageEntry@e6b2e9’. Root cause is: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_ARRAY but was BEGIN_OBJECT at path $.channels

How could i identify the Storage-Entry wich causes the error ?.

Regards

Robert

Do you have any Things or Items defined using PaperUI that are not working or appear to not work?

I’m not 100% certain but it looks like there is either a chance or corruption in your JSONDB files.

Which build are you seeing this error on?

No everything ist working but witch 500 Items it is hard to find a not working one.

I am on build 1576. Later Builds are not working for me because auf massive delay on events. 1576 is working fine.

Try running a diff between the files in /var/lib/openhab2/jsondb and their backups in /var/lib/openhab2/jsondb/backups and see if there are any differences between them which might point to a problem. It will at least tell you what changed between when it worked and when it stopped working.

http://www.livefirelabs.com/unix_commands/5-unix-diff-command-examples-of-how-to-compare-two-text-files.htm

The openHAB Core caused those problems for a few builds after the json library had been updated. It should work again, but not all tests in core have been re-enabled yet to detect those problems automatically.

All values that have been written with such a problematic core version (OH snapshots only!) are corrupt.
It looks like one of the Things is effected in this case (because of “$channels”).

1 Like

So old Backup is not available anymore, because of multiple startups.

Any possibility to find that Thing with debug/trace logs ?
If have 200+ Things so its hard to find with one without hint.