Getting ZWN-BPC PIR motion sensor to work with openHAB

There is an error in the database. I’ll fix it tonight so you can try again with the latest snapshot tomorrow.

1 Like

Thank you Chris! I will try the update asap.

Just out of curiosity; how does HABmin make a change to a zwave device parameter? Does it do it by means of the node xml in etc/zwave/, or does it go inside the zwave binding JAR and fiddle with the database? Or is it something different altogether?

It sends a message to the JAR (ie the zwave binding) which then sends the messages to the device. If you modify the XML file, this won’t change anything on the device…

Chris, your bug fix totally worked! And I am learning so much by looking at the scripts, database, etc you pointed to.

Thank you!

Chris,

I’m on OH2 and just updated the binding, but the sensor still shows up as unknown in HABmin2. I also don’t see a nodeN.xml created for it in userdata/zwave

Any Ideas?

Actually, after a few minutes it picked it up… not sure why it took longer than usual, but it seems tobe working fine. Thanks!

Has anyone been able to set the Off Time on this PIR or the association group via HABmin? The default 15 seconds are too short and I don’t want to deal with setting a timer in openhab rules to delay the off time of a light.

Yep I did it. If you changed the setting and it doesn’t seem to work you
should know that the device is in sleep mode by default and it only
periodically wakes up to get new settings from openHAB (which you set in
HABmin). However, if you reset the device by pressing the button on it,
your new off time setting should immediately take effect.

~ hiran

I definately cannot change any setting, even when I wake it up. It seems like it is still in test mode, from reading this doc http://enerlites.com/media/mconnect_uploadfiles/z/w/zwn-bpc_3.28.pdf, but whatever I change it doesn’t make a difference and right now it shows the time off as -6…

I’ll poke it some more. Thanks!

Joining this conversation late. Has the ZWN-BPC been added to the database and found to be working well? Were you able to change the setting to adjust the motion detection off signal?
Thanks!