[SOLVED] Ghost item

I recently made a lot of changes in my OpenHAB items configuration to use groups in rules in order to clean them up. I changed all of my motion items from: ‘MotionKitchen’ to ‘Motion_Kitchen’ to parse out the name, but I keep getting this error in my log:

2018-07-31 05:59:35.936 [WARN ] [.classic.internal.servlet.CmdServlet] - Received command 'ON' for item 'MotionKitchen', but the item does not exist in the registry

I tried searching:

[06:02:02] openhabian@openHABianPi:~$ grep -rnw '/etc/openhab2/' -e 'MotionKitchen'
/etc/openhab2/sitemaps/demo.txt:81:				Text item=MotionKitchen label="Kitchen Motion [MAP(motion.map):%s]" valuecolor=[ON="red", OFF="green"]
/etc/openhab2/sitemaps/status.txt:47:				Text item=MotionKitchen label="Kitchen Motion [MAP(motion.map):%s]" valuecolor=[ON="red", OFF="green"]
/etc/openhab2/sitemaps/cricket.txt:88:				//Text item=MotionKitchen label="Kitchen Motion [MAP(motion.map):%s]" valuecolor=[ON="red", OFF="green"]
[06:02:12] openhabian@openHABianPi:~$ 

These files are old sitemaps that I created over the last few years of running OpenHAB, but I changed the file extension from *.sitemap to *.txt so they would not be active. Where else should I be searching to find this rogue trigger? I have been through my *.rules files and it does not show up there either. I don’t have any HABPanels created. Any help would be appreciated!

~John

Check with PaperUI / Configuration / Items.

Thanks for the suggestion @hr3, but no luck… MotionKitchen did not appear there. I try to avoid the PaperUI like the plague… prefer to do things by ssh and text files…

I’ve had this happen before when changing item names (with the old ones remaining in the DB). Just clear the cache and that should resolve your issues.

2 Likes

Thanks @bartus, that seemed to work!