Glance modules and rollershutter/blinds in OH3

I’m trying to model my items correctly to get the correct glance modules on the location cards in OH3 for my rollershutter.

At first why are they sometimes called blinds and in other areas they are called rollershutters? (doesn’t make any sense to me)

Here is my situation in a KNX based home.

Rollershutter actuator (equipment) based in the power distribution cabinet contains the control channel that controls the rollershutter in the office

This is how I modeled the whole thing:

And this is how the card looks:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-24 um 09.48.33

So it is lacking the glance module for the rollershutter and I don’t understand why.

It would be awesome if someone here would enlighten myself how this whole thing works.

I have read through the design spec ([Design/Spec] Location semantic cards: header · Issue #556 · openhab/openhab-webui · GitHub) but couldn’t find the correct answer.

Thank you very much in advance.

As far as I remember it was the same for me and I need to change semantic class to blinds to see it on the card. I did not understand why, because from description point of view OpenState is correct.

Br,
Stefan

To be honest I don’t understand what you mean.

There is no Blinds for the semantic class of this item:

This whole modelling thing is a complete undocumented hell. :sweat_smile:

You need first select “None”, then you get again the full list.

1 Like

Yeah you are right. But now the Point is an Equipment_Blinds which doesn’t seem right.

So in the end I got an equipment inside another equipment although it is semantically incorrect since it is a channel inside the physical actuator. (brr)

The blinds do indeed show up in the card as a glance.

Mmmh ok seems to be quite buggy at the moment and I wouldn’t use it this way in production since it doesn’t make any sense.

It still doesn’t work correctly since the glance should show the number of OPEN blinds. But in my case only the CLOSED blinds do show up. I would expect this is the case because the state delivered by KNX is 0 -> 100 from completely open (0) to completely closed (100). BUT and this is funny and shows the buggy state of the interface the blinds icon does correctly show the opening and closing of the blinds. :rofl: