Google Play Music titles / current album not showing in Sonos

Hi!

I guess I’ve the same problem with Deezer. When I switch to a radio station I get an Albumart Picture, the Station Name, Current track etc. If I switch via the Sonos App to a Song from Deezer, nothing is updated.

@Chris_Reid: if I correctly understood you, for Google Play Music, it is working in general except for music stations ?
Please confirm that a paying account is required to get an access to Google Play Music and their music stations ?

For Deezer, I would be really surprised that it does not work. You will be the first to report a general problem with Deezer. I own an account in the past and I know that Deezer integration is following the same Sonos logic as other services. Can you precise if this is not working for you whatever you access in Deezer or only for certain Deezer features ?

Thanks for the reply.
It works in general and everything plays including stations, it is just when selecting a music station the title etc does not update but it used to. If i play an individual song or playlist everything updates as expected.

I have a paid subscription to Google play music but there is also free accounts but from memory you can only add a paid subscription to Sonos.

I’m currently travelling but can post the log entries in a few days when I get back home.

@Lolodomo I take everything back. I don’t know why, but yesterday no channel for current track, albumart, albumarturl etc. was updated when I switched from radio to deezer on the Sonos App, only when I switched radio stations. Today everything works perfect.

Kind regards,
Herbert

Hi @Lolodomo

Here’s an extract from the log. This is when I start to play a single track from Google Play music - you’ll note that the Artist, Title and Album all update

19:23:49.660 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - sonos_PLAY3_RINCON_000E5871385C01400_currenttrackuri changed from x-sonos-http:A0DvPDnowsJdyM2gtvZZc36kETcBDI9p6OAed_OsAlKMApbNtiMIUQ.mp3?sid=151&flags=32&sn=2 to x-sonos-http:A0DvPDnowsL4V9ekjsCXH2rRp1xmfQqMa2luoC44FEozY0_UZ7aC0A.mp3?sid=151&flags=32&sn=2
19:23:49.712 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - sonos_PLAY3_RINCON_000E5871385C01400_currentartist changed from Jax Jones to Sia
19:23:49.729 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - sonos_PLAY3_RINCON_000E5871385C01400_currentalbum changed from You Don't Know Me to Move Your Body (Single Mix)
19:23:49.734 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sonos_Office_Album changed from You Don't Know Me to Move Your Body (Single Mix)
19:23:49.771 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - sonos_PLAY3_RINCON_000E5871385C01400_currenttitle changed from You Don't Know Me (Radio Edit) (feat. RAYE) to Move Your Body (Single Mix)
19:23:49.776 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sonos_Office_Title changed from You Don't Know Me (Radio Edit) (feat. RAYE) to Move Your Body (Single Mix)
19:23:49.802 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - sonos_PLAY3_RINCON_000E5871385C01400_currenttrack changed from Jax Jones - You Don't Know Me - You Don't Know Me (Radio Edit) (feat. RAYE) to Sia - Move Your Body (Single Mix) - Move Your Body (Single Mix)
19:23:50.274 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sonos_Office_Status changed from PAUSED_PLAYBACK to TRANSITIONING
19:23:50.285 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - sonos_PLAY3_RINCON_000E5871385C01400_control changed from PAUSE to UNDEF
19:23:50.290 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sonos_Office_Controller changed from PAUSE to UNDEF
19:23:51.217 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sonos_Office_Status changed from TRANSITIONING to PLAYING
19:23:51.241 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - sonos_PLAY3_RINCON_000E5871385C01400_control changed from UNDEF to PLAY
19:23:51.250 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sonos_Office_Controller changed from UNDEF to PLAY

but when I select a Google Play Music Station (i.e. Ambient Electronica) the Title, Artist and Album don’t update and so in the sitemap the previously single loaded song details continue to appear. This didn’t happen previoulsy.

19:23:52.434 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sonos_Office_Status changed from PLAYING to PAUSED_PLAYBACK
19:23:52.455 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - sonos_PLAY3_RINCON_000E5871385C01400_control changed from PLAY to PAUSE
19:23:52.459 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sonos_Office_Controller changed from PLAY to PAUSE
19:24:21.782 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - sonos_PLAY3_RINCON_000E5871385C01400_currenttrackuri changed from x-sonos-http:A0DvPDnowsL4V9ekjsCXH2rRp1xmfQqMa2luoC44FEozY0_UZ7aC0A.mp3?sid=151&flags=32&sn=2 to
19:24:21.831 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sonos_Office_Status changed from PAUSED_PLAYBACK to STOPPED
19:24:22.824 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - sonos_PLAY3_RINCON_000E5871385C01400_currenttrackuri changed from  to x-sonosprog-http:A0DvPDnowsIJKC9vqsUBptejiggxLIa0wzxwoU6j6Q2tuanBvQ2F7g.mp3?sid=151&flags=32&sn=2
19:24:22.875 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sonos_Office_Status changed from STOPPED to TRANSITIONING
19:24:22.891 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - sonos_PLAY3_RINCON_000E5871385C01400_control changed from PAUSE to UNDEF
19:24:22.901 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sonos_Office_Controller changed from PAUSE to UNDEF
19:24:24.002 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sonos_Office_Status changed from TRANSITIONING to PLAYING
19:24:24.024 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - sonos_PLAY3_RINCON_000E5871385C01400_control changed from UNDEF to PLAY
19:24:24.032 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sonos_Office_Controller changed from UNDEF to PLAY
19:24:27.841 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sonos_Office_Status changed from PLAYING to PAUSED_PLAYBACK
19:24:27.873 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - sonos_PLAY3_RINCON_000E5871385C01400_control changed from PLAY to PAUSE
19:24:27.879 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sonos_Office_Controller changed from PLAY to PAUSE

@Lolodomo just something else that I’ve noticed - If I use the Google Play music app on my phone and then “Cast” a GooglePlay station to my sonos system, Openhab recognises the title, artist and album correctly. The same information is also correctly sent to the Sonos app while casting.

If I use the Sonos App for the same station, no items are updated and Openhab shows the last played item.

@Lolodomo I’ve just experienced exactly the same problem with my google play music setup using radio stations. If i queue a radio station using the GPM app then all the track info comes through properly, however if i use the sonos app then no track info is sent, and the item remains in the last played state (even clearing back to blank would be an improvement over incorrect data).

Playing under sonos app:

10:23:21.820 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Bedroom1_Sonos_Control changed from PAUSE to PLAY                                                                              
10:23:22.031 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Bedroom1_Sonos_State changed from PAUSED_PLAYBACK to TRANSITIONING                                                             
10:23:22.033 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Bedroom1_Sonos_Control changed from PLAY to UNDEF                                                                              
10:23:22.574 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Bedroom1_Sonos_State changed from TRANSITIONING to PLAYING                                                                     
10:23:22.577 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Bedroom1_Sonos_Control changed from UNDEF to PLAY                                                                              
10:23:33.363 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Kitchen_Multisensor_SensorLuminance changed from 6 to 17                                                                       10:24:20.244 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Bedroom1_Sonos_CurrenttrackURI changed from x-sonosprog-http:A0DvPDnowsJAZoHqJbA4IhdoLWil7dv-hH0nddjwK4BWOLZQR0Zdwg.mp3?sid=151&flags=32&sn=1 to x-sonosprog-http:A0DvPDnowsIKfeB7RpFc_fuWBnsf26XphxegebWacZoTtKwnKnAxTg.mp3?sid=151&flags=32&sn=1                                                                          
10:24:20.248 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Bedroom1_Sonos_State changed from PLAYING to TRANSITIONING                                                                     
10:24:20.252 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Bedroom1_Sonos_Control changed from PLAY to UNDEF                                                                              
10:24:21.016 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Bedroom1_Sonos_State changed from TRANSITIONING to PLAYING
10:24:21.018 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Bedroom1_Sonos_Control changed from UNDEF to PLAY

Playing under GPM

10:32:55.294 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Bedroom1_Sonos_State changed from PLAYING to PAUSED_PLAYBACK
10:32:55.303 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Bedroom1_Sonos_Control changed from PLAY to PAUSE
10:32:56.202 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Bedroom1_Sonos_CurrenttrackURI changed from https://mclients.googleapis.com/music/mplay?mjck=T275aieajyqpwedtdsufupkera4&pt=a&d
v=1&slt=1501406807226&sig=Miz8VfaALoWz7xqGsBHFWIpQytE to https://mclients.googleapis.com/music/mplay?songid=d2257c64-9d35-30e2-9328-8e25c23e5d6b&dv=1&pt=e&hl=en_GB&tier=aa&slt=1501407176572
&sig=UnJjQXEOVVGNFIC7ex_NNvpVtK0
10:32:56.212 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Bedroom1_Sonos_CurrentArtist changed from The Wanted to Fun.
10:32:56.276 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Bedroom1_Sonos_CurrentAlbum changed from Word Of Mouth (Deluxe) to Some Nights
10:32:56.277 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Bedroom1_Sonos_CurrentTitle changed from Chasing The Sun to We Are Young (feat. Janelle Monáe)
10:32:56.278 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Bedroom1_Sonos_CurrentTrack changed from The Wanted - Word Of Mouth (Deluxe) - Chasing The Sun to Fun. - Some Nights - We Are Y
oung (feat. Janelle Monáe)
10:32:56.280 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Bedroom1_Sonos_State changed from PAUSED_PLAYBACK to TRANSITIONING
10:32:56.280 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Bedroom1_Sonos_Control changed from PAUSE to UNDEF
10:32:56.693 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Bedroom1_Sonos_State changed from TRANSITIONING to PLAYING
10:32:56.695 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Bedroom1_Sonos_Control changed from UNDEF to PLAY
10:32:59.662 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Bedroom1_Sonos_CurrenttrackURI changed from https://mclients.googleapis.com/music/mplay?songid=d2257c64-9d35-30e2-9328-8e25c23e5d6b&dv=1&pt=e&hl=en_GB&tier=aa&slt=1501407176572&sig=UnJjQXEOVVGNFIC7ex_NNvpVtK0 to https://mclients.googleapis.com/music/mplay?songid=d2257c64-9d35-30e2-9328-8e25c23e5d6b&pt=a&dv=1&slt=1501407179193&sig=a47k04n-6stvmdflmNx6ALzEpJY

Of potentially interesting note is that vast differences in CurrenttrackURI - x-sonos-prog vs https://googleapis

Sonos App keeps perfect track of the current song info all the way through

*edit
From a quick investigation, the same seems to happen with apple music stations. Tracks work fine, but stations started through sonos are not currently giving track info to openhab.

I don’t think we are considering x-sonos-prog, that maybe the problem. I was not aware of such a URI.
Just to be clear, can you copy/paste the value of your channels currenttrackuri and currenttransporturi when your Google station is playing ?

Testing

Ok @Lolodomo trying to be as comprehensive in one post as possible hope i got everything but shout if i’ve missed anything helpful!

Test setup

Test setup on a Sonos Play 5 (using line in to clear the values out). Unfortuantely I don’t have spotify to test if this has any similar effects

Song info

Track: Yellow
Album: Parachutes
Artist: Coldplay

Sources

App Source Function
Sonos App Google Play Music Play Song
Sonos App Google Play Music Play Radio
Google Play Music App Direct Cast Play Song
Google Play Music App Direct Cast Play Radio
Sonos App Apple Music Play Song
Sonos App Apple Music Play Radio

Test procedure

Select Line input (using line in to clear the values out inbetween tests)
Select source
items list Office_SonosCurrent (returns all track titles and uris)

Test results

Source: Sonos App, GPM, Play track coldplay/parachutes/yellow

openhab> items list Office_Sonos*Current*
Office_Sonos_CurrentAlbum (Type=StringItem, State=Parachutes, Label=Album, Category=sonos_album, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])
Office_Sonos_CurrentArtist (Type=StringItem, State=Coldplay, Label=Artist, Category=sonos_artist, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])
Office_Sonos_CurrentTitle (Type=StringItem, State=Yellow, Label=Title, Category=sonos_title, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])
Office_Sonos_CurrentTrack (Type=StringItem, State=Coldplay - Parachutes - Yellow, Label=Track, Category=sonos_track, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])
Office_Sonos_CurrentAVtransportURI (Type=StringItem, State=x-rincon-queue:RINCON_5CAAFDF2950C01400#0, Label=AV transport URI, Category=sonos_uri, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])
Office_Sonos_CurrenttrackURI (Type=StringItem, State=x-sonos-http:A0DvPDnowsLmdMYfMSfGy6FDzGMzjnm1poiGjx8aBQ5VcRvDNEQNKg.mp3?sid=151&flags=32&sn=1, Label=track URI, Category=sonos_uri, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])

Source: Sonos App, GPM, Play radio coldplay/parachutes/yellow

Office_Sonos_CurrentAlbum (Type=StringItem, State=, Label=Album, Category=sonos_album, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])
Office_Sonos_CurrentArtist (Type=StringItem, State=, Label=Artist, Category=sonos_artist, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])
Office_Sonos_CurrentTitle (Type=StringItem, State=PC, Label=Title, Category=sonos_title, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])
Office_Sonos_CurrentTrack (Type=StringItem, State=PC, Label=Track, Category=sonos_track, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])
Office_Sonos_CurrentAVtransportURI (Type=StringItem, State=x-sonosapi-radio:krhZLW6MiXPmdMYfMSfGy6FDzGMzjnm1poiGjx8aBQ49QG27SV-XXw?sid=151&flags=0&sn=1, Label=AV transport URI, Category=sonos_uri, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])
Office_Sonos_CurrenttrackURI (Type=StringItem, State=x-sonosprog-http:A0DvPDnowsLmdMYfMSfGy6FDzGMzjnm1poiGjx8aBQ5VcRvDNEQNKg.mp3?sid=151&flags=32&sn=1, Label=track URI, Category=sonos_uri, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])

Source: Google Play Music App, Play track coldplay/parachutes/yellow (cast to speaker)

Office_Sonos_CurrentAlbum (Type=StringItem, State=Parachutes, Label=Album, Category=sonos_album, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])
Office_Sonos_CurrentArtist (Type=StringItem, State=Coldplay, Label=Artist, Category=sonos_artist, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])
Office_Sonos_CurrentTitle (Type=StringItem, State=Yellow, Label=Title, Category=sonos_title, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])
Office_Sonos_CurrentTrack (Type=StringItem, State=Coldplay - Parachutes - Yellow, Label=Track, Category=sonos_track, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])
Office_Sonos_CurrentAVtransportURI (Type=StringItem, State=x-rincon-queue:RINCON_5CAAFDF2950C01400#2, Label=AV transport URI, Category=sonos_uri, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])
Office_Sonos_CurrenttrackURI (Type=StringItem, State=https://mclients.googleapis.com/music/mplay?mjck=Tts2wa7qolm45thek4yd6wh64za&pt=a&dv=1&slt=1501592441499&sig=FxfvkHTWXs1cBvFBh8Dn0NFE6OI, Label=track URI, Category=sonos_uri, Groups=[g
SonosOffice, gAllItems])

Source: Google Play Music App, play radio coldplay/parachutes/yellow

Office_Sonos_CurrentAVtransportURI (Type=StringItem, State=x-rincon-queue:RINCON_5CAAFDF2950C01400#6, Label=AV transport URI, Category=sonos_uri, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])
Office_Sonos_CurrenttrackURI (Type=StringItem, State=https://mclients.googleapis.com/music/mplay?mjck=Tts2wa7qolm45thek4yd6wh64za&pt=a&dv=1&slt=1501592521120&sig=8EijmtKkc_V4jiyhXrA2Bah-2x0, Label=track URI, Category=sonos_uri, Groups=[g
SonosOffice, gAllItems])

Source: Sonos App, Apple Music, play track coldplay/parachutes/yellow

Office_Sonos_CurrentAVtransportURI (Type=StringItem, State=x-rincon-queue:RINCON_5CAAFDF2950C01400#0, Label=AV transport URI, Category=sonos_uri, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])
Office_Sonos_CurrenttrackURI (Type=StringItem, State=x-sonos-http:song%3a1122782283.mp4?sid=204&flags=8224&sn=2, Label=track URI, Category=sonos_uri, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])

Source: Sonos App, Apple Music, play radio coldplay/parachutes/yellow

Office_Sonos_CurrentAlbum (Type=StringItem, State=, Label=Album, Category=sonos_album, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])
Office_Sonos_CurrentArtist (Type=StringItem, State=, Label=Artist, Category=sonos_artist, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])
Office_Sonos_CurrentTitle (Type=StringItem, State=PC, Label=Title, Category=sonos_title, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])
Office_Sonos_CurrentTrack (Type=StringItem, State=PC, Label=Track, Category=sonos_track, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])
Office_Sonos_CurrentAVtransportURI (Type=StringItem, State=x-sonosapi-radio:radio%3ara.1122782283?sid=204&flags=0&sn=2, Label=AV transport URI, Category=sonos_uri, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])
Office_Sonos_CurrenttrackURI (Type=StringItem, State=x-sonosprog-http:song%3a1122782283.mp4?sid=204&flags=8224&sn=2, Label=track URI, Category=sonos_uri, Groups=[gSonosOffice, gAllItems])

As a suggestion as a starting point, if either of the URIs changes it would seem sensible to clear the current values until they are pushed/grabbed from the sonos, this should at least prevent inaccurate past values ending up in the system?

This method would also clear up any future breaking changes from sonos’ api with new transports so that the system never displays the WRONG information. (In my opinion no info would be far better than wrong info)

Thank you a lot for your perfectly clear message. I know exactly where is the bug. For a reason I ignore, the code is not updating the media information when the transport URI starts with x-sonosapi and is not x-sonosapi-stream. We can see in your 2 cases that x-sonosapi-radio is used and so no update ! I can provide an ipdated jar if you can test it. I am not sure that artist, album and title are provided the same way in this case but we can try.

Sure thing, I’m currently running 2.1, and havn’t played with jar bindings before, but i assume i just uninstall the binding through paper ui, then stick the jar in the addons directory? (Do i need to reinstall at this point or are all conf/addons bindings loaded by default)

That’s the general idea except that a recent 2.2 snapshot of OH will be required for testing because some ESH API were changed after 2.1 release and they impact directly the Sonos binding.

Could you create a bug in git (ESH repo) with your previous report ?

To help me fixing the bug, please install this Sonos binding version for testing GPM radio
As previously mentioned, I think you need a very recent OH snapshot 2.2. I doubt that this version can work in official release 2.1. Of course, you have first to uninstall the binding and then put the jar file in the addons directory.
Normally you should see two additional logs when playing a GPM radio or Apple Music radio that should help me in case it is still not working.

Note that this version also includes other changes I am working on and not yet finished (synchronization of notifications).

I am now waiting for a positive feedback :wink:

I realized that notification playback cannot work when a GPM radio is being played. That is something else I should fix as soon as I get confirmation that the initial problem is fixed.

So,

First i took an old 2.0 demo instance and upgraded it to 2.1

Fields now appear to update correctly for GPM radio and Apple music radio, however I did receive the following error on the console

09:22:09.342 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - sonos_PLAY5_RINCON_5CAAFDF2950C01400_currenttrackuri changed from x-sonosprog-http:A0DvPDnowsLmdMYfMSfGy6FDzGMzjnm1poiGjx8aBQ5VcRvDNEQNKg.mp3?sid=151&flags=32&sn=1 to x-sonosprog-http:A0DvPDnowsJCHhNbhXxnXqdHQjnZS_A7xUMPRionj3W8P-fhcJfXLA.mp3?sid=151&flags=32&sn=1
09:22:09.344 [INFO ] [ding.sonos.handler.ZonePlayerHandler] - Rado CurrentURIMetaData <DIDL-Lite xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:upnp="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/" xmlns:r="urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/" xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/"><item id="00030000krhZLW6MiXPmdMYfMSfGy6FDzGMzjnm1poiGjx8aBQ49QG27SV-XXw" parentID="10030020A0DvPDnowsLmdMYfMSfGy6FDzGMzjnm1poiGjx8aBQ5VcRvDNEQNKg" restricted="true"><dc:title>Yellow Radio</dc:title><upnp:class>object.item.audioItem.audioBroadcast</upnp:class><desc id="cdudn" nameSpace="urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/">SA_RINCON38663_X_#Svc38663-0-Token</desc></item></DIDL-Lite>
09:22:09.345 [INFO ] [ding.sonos.handler.ZonePlayerHandler] - Rado CurrentTrackMetaData <DIDL-Lite xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:upnp="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/" xmlns:r="urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/" xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/"><item id="-1" parentID="-1" restricted="true"><res protocolInfo="sonos.com-http:*:audio/mpeg:*" duration="0:04:27">x-sonosprog-http:A0DvPDnowsJCHhNbhXxnXqdHQjnZS_A7xUMPRionj3W8P-fhcJfXLA.mp3?sid=151&amp;flags=32&amp;sn=1</res><r:streamContent></r:streamContent><r:radioShowMd></r:radioShowMd><upnp:albumArtURI>/getaa?s=1&amp;u=x-sonosprog-http%3aA0DvPDnowsJCHhNbhXxnXqdHQjnZS_A7xUMPRionj3W8P-fhcJfXLA.mp3%3fsid%3d151%26flags%3d32%26sn%3d1</upnp:albumArtURI><dc:title>Chasing Cars</dc:title><upnp:class>object.item.audioItem.musicTrack</upnp:class><dc:creator>Snow Patrol</dc:creator><upnp:album>Eyes Open (Bonus Track)</upnp:album></item></DIDL-Lite>
09:22:09.349 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - sonos_PLAY5_RINCON_5CAAFDF2950C01400_currentartist changed from Coldplay to Snow Patrol
09:22:09.351 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - sonos_PLAY5_RINCON_5CAAFDF2950C01400_currentalbum changed from Parachutes to Eyes Open (Bonus Track)
09:22:09.353 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - sonos_PLAY5_RINCON_5CAAFDF2950C01400_currenttitle changed from Yellow to Chasing Cars
09:22:09.354 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - sonos_PLAY5_RINCON_5CAAFDF2950C01400_currenttrack changed from Coldplay - Parachutes - Yellow to Snow Patrol - Eyes Open (Bonus Track) - Chasing Cars
09:22:09.355 [ERROR] [.io.transport.upnp.UpnpIOServiceImpl] - Participant threw an exception onValueReceived
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Channel with ID 'currentalbumart' does not exists.
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler.isLinked(BaseThingHandler.java:573)[103:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.9.0.201707251303]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos.handler.ZonePlayerHandler.updateChannel(ZonePlayerHandler.java:571)[211:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos:0.9.0.201708011932]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos.handler.ZonePlayerHandler.onValueReceived(ZonePlayerHandler.java:501)[211:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos:0.9.0.201708011932]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos.handler.ZonePlayerHandler.updateMediaInformation(ZonePlayerHandler.java:1040)[211:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos:0.9.0.201708011932]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos.handler.ZonePlayerHandler.onValueReceived(ZonePlayerHandler.java:410)[211:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos:0.9.0.201708011932]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.upnp.UpnpIOServiceImpl$UpnpSubscriptionCallback.eventReceived(UpnpIOServiceImpl.java:144)[192:org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.upnp:0.9.0.201707251303]
        at org.jupnp.controlpoint.SubscriptionCallback$2.eventReceived(SubscriptionCallback.java:222)[160:org.jupnp:2.2.0]
        at org.jupnp.model.gena.RemoteGENASubscription.receive(RemoteGENASubscription.java:114)[160:org.jupnp:2.2.0]
        at org.jupnp.protocol.sync.ReceivingEvent$2.run(ReceivingEvent.java:130)[160:org.jupnp:2.2.0]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)[:1.8.0_131]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)[:1.8.0_131]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)[:1.8.0_131]
09:22:09.976 [INFO ] [ding.sonos.handler.ZonePlayerHandler] - Rado CurrentURIMetaData <DIDL-Lite xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:upnp="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/" xmlns:r="urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/" xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/"><item id="00030000krhZLW6MiXPmdMYfMSfGy6FDzGMzjnm1poiGjx8aBQ49QG27SV-XXw" parentID="10030020A0DvPDnowsLmdMYfMSfGy6FDzGMzjnm1poiGjx8aBQ5VcRvDNEQNKg" restricted="true"><dc:title>Yellow Radio</dc:title><upnp:class>object.item.audioItem.audioBroadcast</upnp:class><desc id="cdudn" nameSpace="urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/">SA_RINCON38663_X_#Svc38663-0-Token</desc></item></DIDL-Lite>
09:22:09.980 [INFO ] [ding.sonos.handler.ZonePlayerHandler] - Rado CurrentTrackMetaData <DIDL-Lite xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:upnp="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/" xmlns:r="urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/" xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/"><item id="-1" parentID="-1" restricted="true"><res protocolInfo="sonos.com-http:*:audio/mpeg:*" duration="0:04:27">x-sonosprog-http:A0DvPDnowsJCHhNbhXxnXqdHQjnZS_A7xUMPRionj3W8P-fhcJfXLA.mp3?sid=151&amp;flags=32&amp;sn=1</res><r:streamContent></r:streamContent><r:radioShowMd></r:radioShowMd><upnp:albumArtURI>/getaa?s=1&amp;u=x-sonosprog-http%3aA0DvPDnowsJCHhNbhXxnXqdHQjnZS_A7xUMPRionj3W8P-fhcJfXLA.mp3%3fsid%3d151%26flags%3d32%26sn%3d1</upnp:albumArtURI><dc:title>Chasing Cars</dc:title><upnp:class>object.item.audioItem.musicTrack</upnp:class><dc:creator>Snow Patrol</dc:creator><upnp:album>Eyes Open (Bonus Track)</upnp:album></item></DIDL-Lite>

This looks to be an incorrect item mapping, so I removed the thing and readded from new (in hindsight I probably should have done this in the first place)

Having connected to all the binding channels I experienced a weird bug in PaperUI when navigating to the control page for the Sonos Office (for simplicity it was on it’s own page) where angular entered an infinite loop

https://docs.angularjs.org/error/$rootScope/infdig?p0=10&p1=%5B%5D

Removing the currentalbumart item channel resolves the problem and allows access to the PaperUI page.

A bit of further investigation through the rest API shows that this channel is correctly giving the image/jpeg data for the album art, so i’m not sure if this is a bug in the Channel declaration causing paperUI to error, or a bug in paperUI showing raw image types

Ok very good, it looks like I fixed the problem. I will propose an official fix.

Paper UI performance including images should be adressed by another fix not yet merged.

1 Like

I have raised https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/issues/3937

I’m also beginning to wonder if my problems with save/restore not including group info / track info is related > SONOS Notifications in Multiroom Setup

Hi all,

Sorry I haven’t been back to this forum for a while. From the above and the github link it looks like the fix was made - but, total noob question, how do I apply this in my installation?