GPIO output triggering

I am having a little difficulty getting openHAB to trigger GPIO’s to trigger a relay board

. I have set the basic UI up and i can see all the switches. i have added the GPIO binding. I have added the file into the items folder. but i am still struggling to find out why it does not work.

There is a huge range of possibilities in “it does not work.”

Anything in the logs?
Does not work how?

sorry, been playing with other things to try and get it workin, and no. it still does not work. so, i have noticed that ihe binding was prob not installed properly. in the paper UI, i go into the add-ons bindings, and i try to install/ uninstall the mqtt or GPIO binding and it just hangs. Little circle just spins. Looking on the forum for advise and it says to clear the cache, with that said, i trid this:
openHABian HowTo
if running OH2 on a Debian like Linux (openHABian being one of those), it’s done like this:

sudo /etc/init.d/openhab2 stop
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/cache/*
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/tmp/*
sudo /etc/init.d/openhab2 start

and still wont install… frustrating much

So ive been plugging away and i get the lfollowing lods.

Can anyone point me in the right direction???

Just because the little circle continues to spin doesn’t mean it didn’t install correctly. There is a bug in PaperUI where it doesn’t always detect when the install completed. You need to watch openhab.log during the install of the binding if you are in doubt about whether it installed or not.

Usually, if the install failed you get an error back. That part does work in PaperUI.

Install the add-on and if it seems to just spin, refresh the page. If it successfully installed it will show as installed.

Those errors are completely unrelated to the bindings being installed. You have at least one Item (channel10) on your sitemap that doesn’t exist.