GPSBinding Distance from location not working

(captain118) #1

I have setup the GPS binding just like in the tutorial using ontracks. It would appear that everything is working but the region settings. I have tried several variations but I cant seem to get either the distance from home or atHome working. No matter what I try I get a message that the item does not exist. The docs dont really explain the channels part of the things file.

Things

//tracker definition with extra distance channel
Thing gpstracker:tracker:KM   "Kirk tracker" [trackerId="KM"] {
    Channels:
            Type regionDistance : homeDistance "Distance from Home" [
                regionName="Home",
                regionCenterLocation="44.7736825,-46.6935502",
                regionRadius=100,
                accuracyThreshold=30
            ]
}

Items:

//items for basic channels
Location        locationKM      "Location"              {channel="gpstracker:tracker:KM:lastLocation"}
DateTime        lastSeenKM      "Last seen"             {channel="gpstracker:tracker:KM:lastReport"}
Number          batteryKM       "Battery level"         {channel="gpstracker:tracker:KM:batteryLevel"}
Number:Length           accuracyKM      "GPS Accuracy [%d m]"           {channel="gpstracker:tracker:KM:gpsAccuracy"}

//linking switch item to regionTrigger channel. assuming the Home distance channel is defined in the binding config (see above)
Switch atHomeKM "Home presence" {channel="gpstracker:tracker:KM:regionTrigger" [profile="gpstracker:trigger-geofence", regionName="Home"]}

//another switch for work region. assuming the OTWork is defined in OwnTracks application (no distance channel is needed like for Home)
Switch atWorkKM "Work presence" {channel="gpstracker:tracker:KM:regionTrigger" [profile="gpstracker:trigger-geofence", regionName="Work"]
}

SItemap:

sitemap gpstracker label="GPSTracker Binding" {
    Text        item=homeDistance
    Switch      item=atWorkKM
    Switch      item=atHomeKM
    Text        item=lastSeenKM
    Text        item=batteryKM
    Text        item=accuracyKM
    Mapview item=locationKM height=4
}
0 Likes

(Rich Koshak) #2

It will be easier to read your configs if you How to use code fences.

I can’t help with you specific problem but code fences will help those who can.

0 Likes

(Gabor Bicskei) #3

You have two items with the same name. The .items file will not load this way…

0 Likes

(captain118) #4

I’m not sure how that happened but thanks for catching it. Sadly it didnt solve the problem. Same situation everything works but the distance from location and the region settings.

0 Likes

(Marco) #5

homeDistance seems to be a thing channel in your configuration, not an item. So probably that’s where the ‘item does not exist’ error comes from.

0 Likes

(captain118) #6

I saw that, but since thats how they have it in the documentation that is how I did it.
The documentation didnt really go into how channels in a thing config file works so I didnt know where to go other than the forums.

0 Likes

(Marco) #7

Try to put the following in your items file and see if that works:

Number:Length homeDistance "Distance from home" { channel="gpstracker:tracker:KM:distanceSystem" }
0 Likes

(captain118) #8

I just figured it out you were close:

The definition of the channel in the thing file makes the option homeDistance available as a channel source for a thing.

Number homeDistanceKM "Distance From Home" {channel="gpstracker:tracker:KM:homeDistance"}

I submitted a pull request for that page so the documentation includes it.

Thanks for the help guys.

0 Likes

(Didier) #10

What do you coordinate do you put in regionCenterLocation home or work?

mine is not switching

0 Likes

(captain118) #11

Thing gpstracker:tracker:KM “Kirk tracker” [trackerId=“KM”] {

Channels:

Type regionDistance : homeDistance “Distance from Home” [

regionName=“Home”,

regionCenterLocation=“44.7736825,-46.6935502”,

regionRadius=100,

accuracyThreshold=30

]

}

The location I have set is my home location.

I likely could add a work one if I wanted but I have not tried it yet. I suspect it would look something like this:

Type regionDistance : workDistance “Distance from Work” [

regionName=“Work”,

regionCenterLocation=“45.7736825,-45.6935502”,

regionRadius=100,

accuracyThreshold=30

]

I changed the Lat and Long for both for security reasons. But now that I’ve looked at it. It would seem that my “Home” would be on a boat or at the bottom of the ocean.

0 Likes

(Didier) #12

Work like a charm!

Here is my config in case someone getting the same problem.

presence.things

Thing gpstracker:tracker:LM   "Lohn tracker" [trackerId="LM"] {
    Channels:
            Type regionDistance : homeDistance "Distance from Home" [
                regionName="Home",
                regionCenterLocation="-24.234657,25.753543",
                regionRadius=50,
                accuracyThreshold=30
            ]

Type regionDistance : workDistance "Distance from Work" [
                regionName="Work",
                regionCenterLocation="-24.435647,25.245853",
                regionRadius=50,
                accuracyThreshold=30
            ]
}

presence.items

//Presence
Location        locationLM      "Location"              {channel="gpstracker:tracker:LM:lastLocation"}
DateTime        lastSeenLM      "Last seen"             {channel="gpstracker:tracker:LM:lastReport"}
Number          batteryLM       "Battery level"         {channel="gpstracker:tracker:LM:batteryLevel"}
Number:Length   accuracyLM      "GPS Accuracy [%d m]"   {channel="gpstracker:tracker:LM:gpsAccuracy"}
Number          homeDistanceLM  "Distance From Home"    {channel="gpstracker:tracker:LM:homeDistance"}
Number          workDistanceLM  "Distance From Work"    {channel="gpstracker:tracker:LM:workDistance"}

//linking switch item to regionTrigger channel. assuming the Home distance channel is defined in the binding config (see above)
Switch atHomeLM "Home presence" {channel="gpstracker:tracker:LM:regionTrigger" [profile="gpstracker:trigger-geofence", regionName="Home"]}

//another switch for work region. assuming the OTWork is defined in OwnTracks application (no distance channel is needed like for Home)
Switch atWorkLM "Work presence" {channel="gpstracker:tracker:LM:regionTrigger" [profile="gpstracker:trigger-geofence", regionName="Work"]
}

presence.sitemap

sitemap home label="My Home"
{
  Frame label="Presence" {
       Text        item=homeDistanceLM
       Switch      item=atWorkLM icon=office
       Switch      item=atHomeLM icon=presence
       Text        item=lastSeenLM
       Text        item=batteryLM
       Text        item=accuracyLM
       Mapview     item=locationLM height=4