Grafana - How to shift time from 1h or 1d

Hi everybody,

I search for a solution for this on the forum but without success.

I have a power monitor that at end of each hour/day, send me the power consumed during the just ‘finished’ hour/day.

So, if I have a power consumption of 2.4kwh between 7:00 and 8:00, I got that value at 8:00.

My problem is that if I try to do a power consumption graph (I view this value from 8:00 to 9:00 (time where i get the value from 8:00 to 9:00). So, on the graph, it always looks like I use this power one hour later than reality. Same for day, I show the power consumption of Monday, … on Tuesday…

Is it a possibility to :

• Record it with shifted time value
  • or draw graph with 1h time/day shift

Heeeelpppp :wink:

I use InfluxDB as persistance storage.

Fred.

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: _Raspberry PI 3 - OpenHabian latest stable
    • KNX Binding latest version 2.5
    • InfluxDB + grafana (installed via openhab-config)

The answer to this is yes - see this post. You can modify it to send a time which you can modify as you please. This is a bit brute force as it is bypassing the persistence. I think someone was working on an enhanced InfluxDB persistence but I don’t know if specifying the time is included or not.

There is quite a bit of information on time shifting for both InfluxDB and Grafana. Maybe you can Google search and see if anything interesting pops up. I think your question is not unique.

Maybe this from Grafana would help? timeshift

Hi,

Thanks for the tricks. Not simple to implement for many value (6 channels power meter…). But at least a solution.

For the timeshift, it’s not the purpose, just translate the graph time frame…