[SOLVED] Grafana - stay logged in / no login

Hello,
I’m using Grafana to show the temperature as a graph.
But sometimes I get signed out when I’m using the embedded graphic in HabPanel.
What can I do to prevent this?

Don’t want to enter the password every time I want to see the graph.

1 Like

Look at the " Grafana Installation and Setup" section of the InfluxDB+Grafana persistence and graphing tutorial. It has the settings for Grafana config.

I set

[auth.anonymous]
# enable anonymous access
;enabled = true

like in the tutorial… But it is not working :expressionless:

remove the “;” from the beginning of the line

1 Like

maybe that should be added there?
Nothing written there that the “;” should be removed…

Disable user signup and enable anonymous access (for later image export) in the configuration 422 file /etc/grafana/grafana.ini:

[users]
# disable user signup / registration
allow_sign_up = false
[auth.anonymous]
# enable anonymous access
enabled = true
If you ran into any problems, please refer to the Grafana documentation 694 and use google to find more in-detail tutorials.

Except for the fact that the example code presented doesn’t have the “;”.

If you see text in a code block, you must copy/type it in exactly as presented including caps, spaces, or any other characters.

There is an infinite number of things you shouldn’t do, we can’t cover them all. When reading tutorials on this forum or anywhere else on the Internet, this holds true. If the screenshot or the stuff in a code block doesn’t match what you’ve typed/copied, you’ve done it wrong.

Yeah, but it was written there enable (means setting true) and not copy or similar…
Enable does not include pay attention to the ; which has to be removed- in my opinion.

Whether or not you interpreted it to mean removing the ; or not, the fact remains, on this forum and everywhere else on the Internet (the same will apply for code or commands from StackOverflow, the Raspberry Pi and Ubuntu forums, Quora, and anywhere else you might find examples), if you see text in a code box or a screen shot, you must match it exactly.

If it doesn’t work, the first thing you need to do is see if what you have done matches exactly what was posted.

This is the standard assumption that everyone who posts tutorials and answers to questions like this make. We are dealing with computers. Even the spaces can be important and meaningful.

And as a further bit of advice, if you ever see a weird character as the first character of a line in a config file or in code, that almost always means that the line has been commented out. Usually #, //, /*, and ; are used to denote comments. So beyond always making sure that what you have exactly matches what was posted, this can be a clue to you that something weird might be going on.

As I said before, the authors of this or other tutorials cannot take it upon themselves to list everything that might go wrong or everything you shouldn’t do. That would be infinite. So a certain set of assumptions must be made. On this forum in addition to the above assumptions, we usually also have the assumptions of basic OH literacy (you mostly know how OH works and how to configure it, understand the core concepts like Items and Things, etc), basic computer literacy (how to navigate, use the command line, change file permissions, etc.), and the basics on how the technology you are trying to use works. Without these assumptions, every tutorial would be 100 pages long with 90% of them all being copies of each other.

1 Like