Grohe Ondus: No automatic refresh

Hi,

I’m using the GroheOndus Binding together with my Grohe SenseGuard. I can login to my Grohe account and my binding is pulling the data from the API.

Unfortunately the binding is not pulling the data again in the polling time interval. I have to manually disable and activate the binding to pull the actual values (like you can see in the chart below).

I tried uninsalling and reinstalling the binding, did not help. Refresh token is set and account credentials are given.

All I can see in the log files is the following. The java error messages only show up at the first starting, after that, everything looks fine, bridge is online and SenseGuard too.

==> /var/log/openhab/openhab.log <==

2021-04-29 08:20:01.706 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘groheondus:account:8a040c38be’ changed from UNINITIALIZED (DISABLED) to INITIALIZING

2021-04-29 08:20:01.727 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘groheondus:account:8a040c38be’ changed from INITIALIZING to UNKNOWN

2021-04-29 08:20:03.072 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at org.openhab.binding.groheondus.internal.handler.GroheOndusBaseHandler.getRoom(GroheOndusBaseHandler.java:135) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.groheondus.internal.handler.GroheOndusBaseHandler.getAppliance(GroheOndusBaseHandler.java:144) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.groheondus.internal.handler.GroheOndusBaseHandler.updateChannels(GroheOndusBaseHandler.java:102) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.groheondus.internal.handler.GroheOndusAccountHandler.lambda$2(GroheOndusAccountHandler.java:154) ~[?:?]

at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1541) ~[?:?]

at java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableCollection.forEach(Collections.java:1085) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.groheondus.internal.handler.GroheOndusAccountHandler.lambda$1(GroheOndusAccountHandler.java:151) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

==> /var/log/openhab/events.log <==

2021-04-29 08:20:03.072 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘groheondus:account:8a040c38be’ changed from UNKNOWN to ONLINE

2021-04-29 08:30:12.307 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler GroheOndusSenseGuardHandler of thing groheondus:senseguard:8a040c38be:e95c8f14-e75c-4aaa-bec5-a0767544612b tried accessing its bridge although the handler was already disposed.

2021-04-29 08:30:12.309 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler GroheOndusSenseGuardHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.

Hi,

Did you solve this? I also have error messages and that the binding does not update every 15 min.

BR
Daniel

Actually no. Was not able to solve this issue.

Hi,
I don’t know if you know it already, but the user seime fixed it really good, as mentioned in my GitHub issue here:

There you can find a pre-release version which works pretty well for me.

Hello all,

I’m quite interested in purchasing a Grohe Sense Guard, and I would like to know if now it should be correctly integrated in my OH3.

Any suggestion would be appreciated

thanks
Andrea

Hi ariela,

yes, it can be correctly integrated. It’s still work in progress since the original programmer of the binding didn’t continue to develop, but the binding works 98% of the time, sometimes you just have to restart it.

The good thing is you can use other water sensors (in my case Homematic) and connect it to your Sense Guard to switch off the valve.

Here is what I see:

1 Like

Thank you @PottiMc

What is the issue behind that 2%? is there someone working on it?

As I said, it works most of the time, sometimes (and I mean maybe once a week or less) it can crash and then you simply just have to restart the thing.

I have an issue on github mentioned above in this thread and the developer @seime is working on it and is publishing beta versions on his git. I guess the final changes will take place in OH3.3 (but I don’t know that for sure).

2 Likes