Group Chart Problem with knx items

Hallo, i’ve made a simple openhab project but i’ve a problem creating a group with knx objects

I’ve this row
Number tSalone “Temperatura Salone [%.1f °C]” { channel=“knx:device:bridge:generic:tSalone” }

I made a group called “gChart”
If i write (gChart) in the row like this
Number tSalone “Temperatura Salone [%.1f °C]” (gChart) { channel=“knx:device:bridge:generic:tSalone” }

the project starts no reading values from field.

In the same project i’ve made another row like this
Number wTemperature “Temperatura Esterna [%.2f °C]” (g_Weather) {weather=“locationId=sannicola, type=temperature, property=current”}

The group g_Weather run perfectly.

Does anyone can explain me where is the problem?

Does openhab.log have anything to say about your xxx.items file, at load or editing time?

May we see your gChart definition?

Thanks,
openhab log says

Configuration model ‘knx.items’ has errors, therefore ignoring it: [28,79]: missing EOF at ‘<’

This is the item configuration og group

Group g_Weather
Number wTemperature “Temperatura Esterna [%.2f °C]” (g_Weather) {weather=“locationId=sannicola, type=temperature, property=current”}
Number tSalone “Temperatura Salone [%.1f °C]” (g_Weather) { channel=“knx:device:bridge:generic:tSalone” }
Number wHumidity “Umidità [%d %%]” (g_Weather) {weather=“locationId=sannicola, type=atmosphere, property=humidity”}
Number wWind

If i clear from the group tSalone it works. Adding tSalone it do the problem

Okay, just a syntax problem in this file.

Suspicious of the accent, as the only obvious out of the ordinary thing.
Might help -

No. I’m sorry, the accent isn’t the problem, because the only problem i have is putting the text (g_Weather) in the row
Number tSalone “Temperatura Salone [%.1f °C]” (g_Weather) { channel=“knx:device:bridge:generic:tSalone” }

While i put the text, openhab returns me the problem

Configuration model ‘knx.items’ has errors, therefore ignoring it: [28,79]: missing EOF at ‘<’

If i delete (g_Weather) openhab works fine

g_Weather is the name of a Group

keep in mind that only in that line the problem occurs, in any other line I insert the group name it works fine.

Nothing wrong with the form of that name, and you’re not likely to have given that name to anything else.
Even if that group did not exist, it would be okay to include it in an Item definition (because you might include later)

Presuming you mean that

Number wTemperature "Temperatura Esterna [%.2f °C]" (g_Weather) {weather="locationId=sannicola, type=temperature, property=current"}

works fine, obviously it works with other Items. So (g_Weather) is not the problem, it’s the line you are putting it in.

Because you haven’t used code fences, we cannot tell if you have used odd quote marks in

Number tSalone "Temperatura Salone [%.1f °C]" (g_Weather) { channel="knx:device:bridge:generic:tSalone" }

You have to use the simple " style

There’s not problem of odd quotes marks
Can you explain me what is the meaning of

in the log file

Your file by the name of knx.items has a problem.

That’s a line and character reference to to where the problem was discovered.
Note that does not mean “here is the problem!”
Take an example of a missing close bracket ). The items parser probably won’t realize it is missing until it finds a new opening bracket ( or similar, so you generally need to look backwards to find the real problem.

Based on the previous, you have to take that with caution.
Mention of EOF often means the parser has got to the end of file without finding what it expected.

You’ve identified yourself there’s something wrong in that line. You could try retyping the whole line and deleting the original, perhaps there is a hidden character. We can’t tell because you haven’t posted your file in code fences, and that might not help anyway.
You could try using the VSCode editor to check your syntax.

Please, when posting code, logging or configuration, make sure to mark it as code with code fences

I can’t see the group definition for gChart. I guess you want all items of this group to be persisted for charting (as the name is gChart…)?

So where is the group definition, where is the persistence definition?