Group Item - Sitemap question (flexible naming/icons)

I would like to have a group added with items at the next level included…and I would like show the value of one of the items inside the group already at the top level for information purpose…

It works, BUT if I want e.g. the outside temp shown at the right side…I only can use OutsideTemp and temperature icon…

But I would want to be flexible in the group name and icon and still show outside temp on the right side…

So it should look like this

Weather…5.0degree > (House Icon)
and NOT: OutsideTemp…5.0degree > (Temp Icon)

Is that possible? and how…did not manage.

Thanks a log

Have you tried setting an explicit icon and label for the group entry?
Could you please post the parts of your items and sitemap for this config?

Hi,
i did as follows…my text is PufferState as the item is named PufferState…
I want to keep Pufferstate as Pufferstate as it is mentioned elsewhere and should not be renamend…but I would like to have a different textlabel for Pufferstate here as the group name…and a specific different icon than the one from the item pufferstate itself…but for me it does not work…i hope i simply do something wrong here…help highly appreciated…

Text item=PufferState {
            Frame {
              Text item=EtaKesselState
              Text item=KesselRevSpeed
              Text item=AbgasTemp
              Text item=KesselTemp
              Text item=RestO2state {Chart item=RestO2state period=8h refresh=60000}}
            Frame {
              Text item=PufferState {Chart item=PufferState period=12h refresh=60000}
              Text item=PUtopTemp
              Text item=PUobenTemp
              Text item=PUmitteTemp
              Text item=PUuntenTemp }

Frame {
              Text item=EGvlauf
              Text item=DGvlauf
              Text item=EGthermo {Chart item=EGthermo period=12h refresh=60000}
              Text item=DGthermo {Chart item=DGthermo period=12h refresh=60000}
              Text item=DanfossAnki_Heat
              Selection item=DanfossAnkiSelect mappings=[0="10°C", 1="28°C"]
              Switch item=EtaState_Switch
              Switch item=ETA_high
              Switch item=ETA_low }
            }

How is your item PufferState defined?

You can at least change the icon:

Text item=PufferState icon=“house” { … }

When setting label=“Weather” it unfortunately overwrites the information coming from the PufferState item.

here is my item pufferstate:
Number PufferState “Puffer PSC1000 [%d %%]” (MyHeating)

As far as I remember, when I change the icon in sitemap it would also influence pufferstate itself, right?
@label…you mean that if i want to use pufferstate inside the group with the original label it would not work anymore…? right?
My wish is that i have a group named “heating” that shows at top level the pufferstate in x% loading…but inside this group there is pufferstate with the original name “Puffer PSC1000”…i was totally shure that this is something many other people would like to see…so you mean that this is only possible by overwriting the label from item definition with the sitemap one?

[quote=“norbert_jordan, post:5, topic:6875”]
As far as I remember, when I change the icon in sitemap it would also influence pufferstate itself, right?
[/quote] No, item or label definition in sitemap files should not influence items at all, only the appearance in the UI is affected, and only for this sitemap at this point, so you are able to set different labels for one item at different points in the sitemap, e.g. a label for the ceiling light in room view is another than in all lights view.

I think you have to write out the complete definition for this group and don’t make use of the autobuild-function, so

Text item=Pufferstate { 
    Text item=PufferState
    Text item=PUtopTemp
    Text item=PUobenTemp
    Text item=PUmitteTemp
    Text item=PUuntenTemp
}

should draw an Item with it’s item-side-defined label and icon, which is a link to a subsite with the defined items, so it acts like a group item.

not sure if I understand you right, but your example looks like my way (i used frames on top but should not have any impact). I now tried the follwing which I already tried long time ago…but putting a label on top ends up in a situation where you have the customized label but the xx% value is gone and only a “>” for the submenu is shown…very disturbing and strange to myself…

Text item=PufferState label="MyHeating" {
            Frame {
              Text item=EtaKesselState
              Text item=KesselRevSpeed
              Text item=AbgasTemp
              Text item=KesselTemp
              Text item=RestO2state {Chart item=RestO2state period=8h refresh=60000}}
            Frame {
              Text item=PufferState {Chart item=PufferState period=12h refresh=60000}
              Text item=PUtopTemp
              Text item=PUobenTemp
              Text item=PUmitteTemp
              Text item=PUuntenTemp }

I think, this should work:

items:

Number PufferState “Puffer PSC1000 [%d %%]” (MyHeating)

sitemap:

Text item=PufferState label=“MyHeating [%d %%]” icon=“house” { … }

But Frame and Text do completely different things!

Frame -> A frame (sic) around the pendent items at the same page. So you can “group” Items on a page.

Text -> An item with link to a subpage with the pendent items. This is like Group, but you can define the label and state completely independent from groupmembers and their states.

thanks Lars, your idea/guideline worked great…something I always had
hard times with in openhab, that sometime (like here) you have to define
things twice (in item and sitemap). Maybe this is required to stay flexible
and provide many different approaches to display the information…