Group items and group persistence

At 3am this weekend I had persistence of my group item (average temperatures of its 3 members) stop.

I can still see the individal items that make up the group persisting past this time but not the average.

The average is updating though as it’s changed from the last persisted value.

I did upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1 this weekend.

Wonder if the 3am is 3pm and that’s when I did the upgrade?

Managed to turn on persistence logging. And managed to get an error when changing the group item definition:
13:56:45.578 [DEBUG] [.internal.InfluxDBPersistenceService] - got a query
13:56:45.579 [DEBUG] [.internal.InfluxDBPersistenceService] - descending ordering
13:56:45.580 [DEBUG] [.internal.InfluxDBPersistenceService] - query string: select value from “autogen”.“g_temperature_average” ORDER BY time DESC limit 1
13:56:45.585 [DEBUG] [.internal.InfluxDBPersistenceService] - objectToState found a other Item
13:56:45.586 [ERROR] [rthome.core.library.items.NumberItem] - Tried to set invalid state 17.5999997457 on item g_temperature_average of type NumberItem, ignoring it

Here’;s the group:

> Group:Number g_temperature "Temperatures" <temperature>
> Group:Number:AVG g_temperature_average "Average Temperature [%.1f °C]" <temperature>  (g_temperature)

You may want to upgrade to a 2.2 snapshot build, which has an ESH update to resolve this. More info here (and other topics in the forum):