GWPN5 in Z-Wave database but not in binding code

I have a GreenWave Reality Inc. GWPN5 Multi-socket PowerNode (5-plug) that was working fine in OH1 and OH2 but on starting from scratch in OH3 it won’t discover properly. The references are correct (0099:0003:0003:4.28) and match the database entry

I note that on inclusion OH checks for a match with the GWPN6 twice, but not GWPN5.

less /var/log/openhab3/zwave.log | grep greenwave
2022-02-26 19:44:59.284 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - Checking zwave:greenwave_gwpn6_00_000
2022-02-26 19:44:59.284 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - Checking zwave:greenwave_gwpn6_00_000
2022-02-26 19:44:59.313 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - Checking zwave:greenwave_gwpn1_03_000

It seems this particular model no longer has an xml definition in the binding, despite the documentation still being present.

Where should I create an issue? Is this a bug with the zwave binding or whatever mechanism connects the database to the binding?

It looks like the device has been modified in the DB, but a review has not been requested. Once a device is modified, it is removed from the binding. I looked at an early Feb binding and see that it is not in that, so suspect it has been removed for some time. Whoever, did the mods need to request a review.

Bob

Thanks, that makes sense. It is rather frustrating though. I’m not currently able to log in to the database so can’t tell if there is a way for me to circumvent that.

I traced it back to June 8 Update #1616, when it was removed. I don’t normally like to mess with devices I do not own, but considering the time, I’ll request review. I don’t know what was modified either, but in a few days you should be able to grab the latest binding with the device back in it.

Bob

Brilliant. Thanks very much.

If I did this right here is the xml that will be in the new binding.
gwpn5_0_0.xml (9.8 KB)

Bob