Good news everyone!
I just released HABApp 0.19.0!
MQTT behavior changed with this version. Only topics with the
retain flag will automatically create an item within HABApp. All other messages will not automatically create an item.
Typically this should not mean a change in behavior because
MqttPairItems should already be created with
Many deprecated functions have been removed. If you have been ignoring the log messages you’ll now get errors.
Also I added some information about HABApp to the docs to make the functionality and relations between services more clear.
So be sure to check it out.
- MQTT creates items in HABApp only for messages with persist. Events still get created, even if the item does not exist.
This shouldn’t be but could be a braking change.
- Removed many deprecated functions
- HABApp will now use the openhab log folder as a log-default when started for the first time on a openhabian installation
- Reworked MQTT connection so it is now a module, too (Item/Rule interface stays the same)
- Better error message when rule files are executed outside of HABApp
- Added lots of documentation