HABapp won't start: failing module dependencies (openhabian)

And that actually works, with an encouraging log file!

Back to my own mistakes: turns out I did not alter the PATH_TO_CONFIGURATION_FOLDER to the actual desired path in /etc/systemd/system/habapp.service :roll_eyes:

(habapp) oh-user@server:/var/log/openhab $ sudo systemctl status habapp
● habapp.service - HABApp
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/habapp.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Mon 2021-12-13 15:19:58 CET; 6s ago
     Docs: https://habapp.readthedocs.io
 Main PID: 25831 (habapp)
    Tasks: 7 (limit: 2178)
   CGroup: /system.slice/habapp.service
           └─25831 /opt/habapp/bin/python3 /opt/habapp/bin/habapp -c /etc/openhab/habapp

Dec 13 15:19:58 Jedha systemd[1]: Started HABApp.

Now for me one question remains, and that is why the manual install did work and not the automated option 2B in openhabian-config? Was is updating python3 pip? Installing pendulum before habapp?

Guess there’s only one way to find out: deinstall HABapp on the other box, update pip3 and then do an automated openhabian-config install and see what happens.

Thank you Sebastian!

That’s what I was wondering, too. If you can pin the issue please let me know!

Option 2B does also updated pip so it might the installation of pendulum before HABApp.

Yes, I took a look at the bash script on GitHub and saw that.
I was wondering if running as root makes a difference, but the script sets up venv as root as well so all references to the venv are correct for other users.

Don’t know when I’ll be messing with the other install (probably no earlier than the weekend). But will let you know if I find anything.