HABmin empty, only icons

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Intel 4GB RAM
    • Java Runtime Environment:openjdk version “1.8.0_163”
    • openHAB version: 4.1.5 (installed 2.3.0 snapshot)
  • Issue of the topic:
    I see this question was asked in April last year, without any answers: I’m stuck on getting HABmin to work (which I believe I need to get my Yale YRD120 properly setup, it’s failing through PaperUI). The HABmin website works as-such but it is ‘empty’: it has only icons on the left (they do nothing when clicked), and on the right top {{clockTime}} and {clockDay}}.
    I feel I am missing something basic to get HABmin working… I appreciate any help!
    One more thing of note: I had 2.2 installed yesterday, and that had the same issue with HABmin as this 2.3 snapshot.
    Thanks,
    Nicholas

Are you running the development version of the zwave binding?

How did you install Habnin?

I installed HABmin using the option in PaperUI --> Addons --> User Interfaces. I can’t find anything else, the documentation seems to indicate that’s all there’s to it! Obviously not in my case :frowning:

I’ll put in a different post for the Yale lock issue – once I’ve collected some info from the logs.

I re-installed openHAB from scratch, by extracting the 2.3.0 snapshop to a new and empty c:\openhab. Once PaperUI was working, added the HABmin UI add-on. Same result – only empty icons. This HABmin-only-having-icons issue is repeatable, on my machine at least.

I hope you found a solution, but just in case you haven’t
I found this issue too. I scratched my head for a while.
Turns out it is because of EDGE browser. Opened it in Chromium (Chrome on Windows 10 works too) and all was beautiful and fully functional.

1 Like

Yep, I can confirm. Habmin doesn’t seem to work well at all in Edge. @chris, you reading this?

My general advice is to completely stay as far from Edge as possible. But since it’s the default browser in Windows 10 I guess some people will use it anyway…

1 Like

@chris, you reading this?

Yes, but I have other things also to work on and unfortunately this isn’t anywhere near the top of the list. Additionally, I have no Windows computers available for testing - sure, I could set something up, but if someone in the community can debug and provide a solution, it would of course be appreciated.

1 Like

It doesn’t work with Internet Explorer either but does work with Firefox. At least I now know why it just gave me the icons in Edge.