Habmin item list empty

Hi,

after moving to 1.8.1, habmin does no longer display my persistence-stored items, the list remains empty (using latest habmin sourcefiles and the 1.8.1 zwave binding).
FWIW, I moved to the 1.8.1 raspian package and was on a manual install before, so some stuff like file access rights have changed. But as it’s a standard 1.8.1 now (and working), the OH setup should be right, I guess.
I’ve re-installed habmin and experimented a lot (package and manual install, old and new jars, …), but I can’t get it to work.
Sitemaps and bindings are still accessible through habmin, but the items are not (neither config nor persistence tab).

I get many null pointer exception errors in the openhab log when accessing the habmin URL, beginning with the one below.
@chris: any idea ?

thanks,
Markus

2016-02-06 13:25:25.577 [ERROR] [.s.container.ContainerResponse] - The RuntimeException could not be mapped to a response, re-throwing to the HTTP container
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at org.openhab.io.habmin.services.rule.RuleConfigResource.getRuleModelList(RuleConfigResource.java:332) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.io.habmin.services.rule.RuleConfigResource.httpGetModelList(RuleConfigResource.java:127) ~[na:na]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_65]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[na:1.8.0_65]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[na:1.8.0_65]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497) ~[na:1.8.0_65]
at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.JavaMethodInvokerFactory$1.invoke(JavaMethodInvokerFactory.java:60) ~[jersey-server-1.18.1.jar:1.18.1]
at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.model.method.dispatch.AbstractResourceMethodDispatchProvider$ResponseOutInvoker._dispatch(AbstractResourceMethodDispatchProvider.java:205) ~[jersey-server-1.18.1.jar:1.18.1]

Although it doesn’t help you a lot: habmin is working fine after upgrading to 1.8.1 (apt-get install).
Persistence is showing up correctly (rrd4j and mapdb), items are showing up fine …

RPi2, Raspbian Jessie, all bindings 1.8.1, habmin 1.7.0

Good luck.