Habmin rights?

Just did a fresh installation with ubuntu server 1604, apt-get and openhab2.
Afterwards, move all items/rules/… to the proper places and changed owner openhab:openhab with 664.
Through paperUI, I’ve then installed habmin.

I can now see everything in habmin, but I can’t save anything?

ps I’m using nginx for a bit security. That’s the reason why I also need to use firefox instead of Google Chrome. Don’t think that it has anything to do with, but…

Chrome and Firefox work the same (at least on Windows) when it comes to reverse Proxy<-openHAB, I’m able to save anything that was previously set in PaperUI/HABmin in HABmin using either browser as long as Basic Auth is off. I believe there’s a javascript issue with HABmin which is trying to receive the proxy auth as an openHAB auth.

If you don’t have Auth-Basic set, and you’re using NGINX as suggested in the docs. Then I don’t believe this is an NGINX issue.

See below:

server {
        listen 80;
        listen [::]:80;
        server_name MYFQDN;
        index index.html index.htm index.nginx-debian.html index.php;

location / {
                proxy_pass                            http://MYLOCALIP:8080/;
                proxy_buffering                       off;
                proxy_set_header Host                 $http_host;
                proxy_set_header X-Real-IP            $remote_addr;
                proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For      $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
                proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto    $scheme;
                auth_basic                            "Username and Password Required";
                auth_basic_user_file                  /etc/nginx/.htpasswd;
        }
}

I don’t believe also that it’s a nginx issue, more something to do with habmin itself.

These won’t work with HABmin at the moment, there is a current issue with reverse proxies, authentication and HABmin.

Other than that if you disable these and are still having problems, then are you receiving any errors in the logs when trying to save? What happens when you create a new item, does it persist?

Nope, when I disable the auth_basic, it seems that I can create fe a new rule, but I can’t put anything in the rule itself.

And I can also delete the rule. But that’s it. :blush:

Are you sure openHAB is able to get the correct permissions in those folders? What happens if you recursively change permissions for /etc/openhab2? currently I’m using 775 to test.

I’ve changed it to 777 to test, but no luck.
Now back to original rights of course…

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I’m having the same issue. I can create a new rule file, delete the new rule file, but I can’t add changes to the new file or an existing rule file. Save is disabled.

Not for the moment. It’s still on my todo list to investigate a bit more. Mostly I work remote, and to allow this, I’ve enabled nginx. But then, I encounter an authentication error in HABmin. Only firefox seems not to care about that?

Yea, proxy is on my list after getting my initial plan built. Was just hoping for a cleaner UI to work with the files. Oh well, back to vim for now.

When I debug the habmin a bit in firefox, it seems that some paths/files are missing:

Error: Script file not found: http://MYLINK/habmin/lib/ace-builds/src-min-noconflict/worker-openhabrules.js
HTTP load failed with status 403. Load of media resource http://MYLINK/habmin/assets/click.mp3 failed. index.html
HTTP load failed with status 403. Load of media resource http://MYLINK/habmin/assets/delete.mp3 failed.

I can find these files in my backup of the OH1 server, but not in OH2. I don’t think it’s wise to copy them, or is it? I’m having just the jar file, that’s been automaticlly installed by adding habmin to the /service/addon.cfg UI-part.

ll /usr/share/openhab2/runtime/karaf/system/org/openhab/ui/org.openhab.ui.habmin/2.0.0-SNAPSHOT  

drwxrwxr-x 2 openhab openhab    4096 nov  7 08:51 ./
drwxrwxr-x 3 openhab openhab    4096 nov  7 10:03 ../
-rw-rw-r-- 1 openhab openhab       0 nov  7 03:38 maven-metadata-local.xml                                                                                                     
-rw-rw-r-- 1 openhab openhab 4302563 nov  7 03:38 org.openhab.ui.habmin-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Strange thing is that some parts are working in habmin. Fe I can install User interface through habmin, I can update things (fe name)… But no items, rules… When I put the rules on 777, it stays the same. So I guess it’s nothing to do with rights.

@Chris, I don’t know if I can help/troubleshoot in any way? I’m not familiar with github, so I couldn’t find the proper directory (way?) to download the latest (older) jar files. I’ve noticed somewhere a version ‘b’, but no jar file.
But seen the date in my folder (7nov), I guess it’s the latest one?

ps I’m running a virtual machine (VMware) with Ubuntu Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS (4.4.0-45-genericx86_64) and nginx.

Very strange stuff…

In the PaperGUI, I can’t update the properties of things. I’m getting a 404 erro.
But with HABmin, I can update them? The rules and so aren’t working, but the properties of things are editable?

It seems that the HABmin rules are issues with the rights. But where? Because when you change them to 777, they’re still not editable…

Does anybody has a clue with what user rights habmin runs?

I’m still having this same issue. Any rules made in Notepad++ work and can be seen in HABmin2 but I can’t edit them.

Am I forced to recreate my rules within HABmin to make them ‘native’ and editable?

I have this same issue. I can’t edit an existed rule, can create a new one , but failed to save.