Habmin2 fails to open?

You need the latest OH2 Build to get the Zwave 1.9.0

Otherwise I got Zwave dependency errors when adding habmin2.jar

Okay Guys…
Now i’ve tryed to download both OH2 and the Habmin2 Again and tested one more time…
I still can’t get this working… The standard UI’s exists and Work, but the Habmin doesn’t Work at all…

I can’t see it from the Dashboard, or when entering http://localhost/habmin/index.html - nothing appears.

I’ve downloaded and unzipped the OH2.0.0 (Also Tested OH2.0.0B1) , putted the Habmin.jar file in the addons (the files is around 4mb when downloaded from GIT)

Then i start the OH2 with the .bat file, and the “main window” opens in the console, and then the normal UI’s Work… But NOT The Habmin… What do i do wrong?

I get following Errors in the Log:

'016-01-20 19:02:48.509 [ERROR] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Failed to install artifact: D:\openHab\OH2\OH2    \addons\org.openhab.ui.habmin.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: A bundle is already installed with the name "org.openhab.ui.habmin" and     version "2.0.0.201601172020"
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer.install(ModuleContainer.java:254)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.install(Storage.java:515)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.installBundle(BundleContextImpl.java:146)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.installOrUpdateBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1030)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.install(DirectoryWatcher.java:946)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.install(DirectoryWatcher.java:865)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:482)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:358)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:310)       [8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]'

Seems like the problems is from the zwave package, when starting the OH2 with only zwave.jar and not the habmin

`2016-01-20 19:06:16.077 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle:      file:/D:/openHab/OH2/openhab-offline-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/addons/org.openhab.binding.zwave.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [166]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: gnu.io

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:393)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1245)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1217)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:509)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:358)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:310)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]`

@chris Would it maybe be a good moment to move the HABmin2 repo to the openHAB org on Github, have it build on the Cloudbees and included as a Karaf feature in openHAB 2? This might make the installation process much smoother for people :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No solution for this?

My Habmin2 works but the instruction state you need to goto http://server/habmin/index.html mine only works with http://server/habmin2/index.html

Trying to follow this thread:

Seems like the same problem… :slightly_smiling:

Please note … Habmin2 does work.
You must install zwave binding mandatory.

Can anyone confirm that Habmin2 is working or not working? I seem to have the same issues as those about.

And to confirm, I believe…

1. You need the zwave binding installed
  2. Put the openhab jar file in your addons

And that should be all correct? You do not need to separately copy over the openhab2 folder to your setup?

I just don’t see a habmin binding or other after copying the jar file to the addons, and can’t seem to open a myserver/habmin/ location yet.

EDIT. I’ve found there appears to be multiple versions of the JAR file in github.

By using this file here, which is about 3.5MB, it then shows up in openhab

https://github.com/cdjackson/HABmin2/blob/master/output/org.openhab.ui.habmin_2.0.0.SNAPSHOT-0.0.15.jar

And do not use this one shown in the releases folder, which is only showing as 2.8MB

Do not use this one… https://github.com/cdjackson/HABmin2/releases

Now in Openhab, I can see the Habmin in the menus, however Habmin is not showing the zwave binding although It is installed in OH2.

Anyway, some progress if it helps others…

1 Like

I am pretty sure that the zwave 1.9.0 jar that is installed when you install from the Paper ui, is not the latest snapshot from a few days ago that is supposed to fix the zwave binding becoming uninitialised

It worked for me when installing the zwave binding from the paper UI - didn’t do anything else…

@chris, any comment from you about this?

Hi Kai
Sorry - missed this. It’s not a good idea right now I think as I think it would be better to sort out the branches first since the current master is not working with most of the latest esh services.

Is oh not going to support bundles in the addons folder in cuter or is this just temporary?

Well, if the branches are messy, the situation isn’t any better when it is not hosted under the openHAB org :wink:
Are you saying that there is currently no working HABmin for OH2 available then? If this is the case, we should indeed wait. If you have some other branch from which a usable version an be built, than we should consider building it on the official build server, deploy it to Bintray and include it as a (Karaf) feature in the OH distribution (that was the discussion here).

It continues to support it, but it comes with a much more mighty mechanism, the Karaf features. They allow now a full dependency management, so you don’t have to tell people anymore: If you install HABmin, you also need Z-Wave and X and Y - you simply declare the dependencies and the stuff is installed for you.

The current branch hasn’t been worked on for a few months other than the occasional bug fix. This branch supports the OH1 Zwave binding. There’s another branch which is being worked on but it only supports the oh2 Zwave binding - my plan is to merge this once the oh2 Zwave is available, which I hope is in the ext few days. When I get home from travels I will be creating a new test binding for a couple of people that have been helping - this contains the output of the new online database. If this all looks ok then I’ll make it available more generally and merge Habmin. I would suggest to wait till this is done.

Ok, but that means that you have to support people meanwhile on how to get the ZWave1 binding with HABmin correctly installed on OH2 (as discussed above). My suggestion was to offer the ZWave1 binding for the time being.
But if you are confident that the v2 is getting closer now, we can of course wait for it - even better :thumbsup:

Yes- my thought was to get the oh2 binding done otherwise I need to support too many different options and it all take away the time to get the OH2 Zwave working.

There are a few people using the oh2 binding now so while I’m sure it will have some issues when different devices start to be used, it is working reasonably well I think. If I ca get the database import working then that should solve the maintenance issue - I’ll know that in a day or so.

@chris where is the code for the OH2 binding? wouldn’t mind to do some testing and give some feedback. i’m not using OH as my primary z-wave controller, its bound as a secondary so i wont be growing impatient any time soon, but it might be an interesting use case for you to have the code tested against

It’s in my oh2 repository, but I would be very careful using this since I’ve made a lot of changes over the last few days that are not currently synced with the repo as I’m travelling and working on it on the train.

The best thing you could do to help is to update the database (as per the other discussions) since until your devices are added, you won’t be able use it anyway…

I am hoping to get a version available in the next few days.

@chris thanks for the update, if we are only talking a few days away then i will wait until your happy that you have pushed a version you are more confident with. i will definitely take a look at the other discussion regarding the device support, i am pretty new to OH however i have written quite a few zwave device types for Smartthings so hopefully this experience will help me here

I’m completely new to openHAB and eventually got habmin2 working with OH2. The forums wouldn’t allow me to post more than 2 links in my post because I’m a new user so the full text is here: