Habmin2 fails to open?

The current branch hasn’t been worked on for a few months other than the occasional bug fix. This branch supports the OH1 Zwave binding. There’s another branch which is being worked on but it only supports the oh2 Zwave binding - my plan is to merge this once the oh2 Zwave is available, which I hope is in the ext few days. When I get home from travels I will be creating a new test binding for a couple of people that have been helping - this contains the output of the new online database. If this all looks ok then I’ll make it available more generally and merge Habmin. I would suggest to wait till this is done.

Ok, but that means that you have to support people meanwhile on how to get the ZWave1 binding with HABmin correctly installed on OH2 (as discussed above). My suggestion was to offer the ZWave1 binding for the time being.
But if you are confident that the v2 is getting closer now, we can of course wait for it - even better :thumbsup:

Yes- my thought was to get the oh2 binding done otherwise I need to support too many different options and it all take away the time to get the OH2 Zwave working.

There are a few people using the oh2 binding now so while I’m sure it will have some issues when different devices start to be used, it is working reasonably well I think. If I ca get the database import working then that should solve the maintenance issue - I’ll know that in a day or so.

@chris where is the code for the OH2 binding? wouldn’t mind to do some testing and give some feedback. i’m not using OH as my primary z-wave controller, its bound as a secondary so i wont be growing impatient any time soon, but it might be an interesting use case for you to have the code tested against

It’s in my oh2 repository, but I would be very careful using this since I’ve made a lot of changes over the last few days that are not currently synced with the repo as I’m travelling and working on it on the train.

The best thing you could do to help is to update the database (as per the other discussions) since until your devices are added, you won’t be able use it anyway…

I am hoping to get a version available in the next few days.

@chris thanks for the update, if we are only talking a few days away then i will wait until your happy that you have pushed a version you are more confident with. i will definitely take a look at the other discussion regarding the device support, i am pretty new to OH however i have written quite a few zwave device types for Smartthings so hopefully this experience will help me here

I’m completely new to openHAB and eventually got habmin2 working with OH2. The forums wouldn’t allow me to post more than 2 links in my post because I’m a new user so the full text is here:

@analogue What functions/features are working for you in habmin2 and what version of OH2 are you running (beta 2?). I’m running beta2 and the latest habmin from master, it starts, is visible as an interface and I can “login” to habmin. Almost none of the functions seems to be working except listing of things, crude representations of the sitemaps etc.

As mentioned above it probably has to do with the esh services, would that mean that downgrading to OH2 before the betas (and Karaf/esh) would resolve some of the issues, @chris?

Hello.
I’ve just installed it one more time in the new Beta 2.
It is pretty simple:

Unzip the OH2 file according to your OS
Start OH2, acces it from http://localhost:8080 - select the paperUI (use Chrome, IE don’t Work), go to bindings and select the Zwave binding install it…
Then place the Habin file in the Addons folder and restart OH2 - then Habmin2 shows up when you access the address localhost:8080

1 Like

Hi,
So, is there any chance to get working habmin2?
I’m able to install habmin, open it, but it does pretty nothing

@chris
localhost:8080/ui/index.html#/configuration/groups

^^ creating a group in paper ui with that partly breaks habmin2 for me. -> Thing configuration is blocked and does not load when a group was added. after removing it again habmin worked again.

I have the same issue. And I follow your steps.
the habmin2 does not come up.

One thing I notice is that,
paper UI->extention->zwave,
the zwave version is 1.9.0.b2

However, the zwave from Habmin2 is org.openhab.binding.zwave_2.0.0.201603151336.jar

Question1
Is that a issue?

Question2
Btw, anybody have any idea when I install zwave binding via
paper UI->extention->zwave,
anything we can check to see the binding is installed?

Thank you and any information will be greatly appreciated.

To make my operation more clear,

OH2,
openhab-offline-2.0.0.b2.zip

zwave, (actually I do not use, according your instructions)
org.openhab.binding.zwave_2.0.0.201603151336.jar

habmin
org.openhab.ui.habmin_2.0.0.SNAPSHOT-0.0.15.jar

Use ./start.sh to start OH2.

Is there any difference from your environment?

Thank you and any information will be greatly appreciated.

Problem solved.

It is a github downloading problem.
Although the file size is incorrect, it does not show on the file name.

pay attention to the note:
NOTE. Downloading binaries off Github can be problematic - they are often truncated. To avoid this, click on the RAW link when you select the file you want to download. If HABmin fails to run, check the file size is correct.

Thank you.

Same issue here.

1. Fresh debian 8 install with java8
  2. Dropped OH2 in /opt/openhab2
  3. Dropped Habmin2 in /opt/openhab2/addons
  4. In paperui install both zwave and zwave1
  5. Started OH2 got cli.

no joy. No errors, no sign of Habmin2 anywhere.

filesize is:

-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 46803 Apr 3 13:35 org.openhab.ui.habmin_2.0.0.SNAPSHOT-0.1.3.jar
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 70 Apr 2 03:38 README

The download failed - try downloading it again. The file should be about 4MB, not 40kB! This is a common problem with HABmin (I think it’s also in the Readme :wink:)

dough. sorry read that wrong. Thought i saw 4.6 mb… facepalm…

Thanks chris! :wink:

Raw latest snapshot Link for others!:
https://github.com/cdjackson/HABmin2/blob/master/output/org.openhab.ui.habmin_2.0.0.SNAPSHOT-0.1.3.jar?raw=true

1. Go in addons folder

2. type wget https://github.com/cdjackson/HABmin2/blob/master/output/org.openhab.ui.habmin_2.0.0.SNAPSHOT-0.1.3.jar?raw=true

3. mv org.openhab.ui.habmin_2.0.0.SNAPSHOT-0.1.3.jar?raw=true org.openhab.ui.habmin_2.0.0.SNAPSHOT-0.1.3.jar

4. Start OH2

5. browse to http://IP:8080/habmin/index.html#/home

Also shows in UI as well…

:wink:

1 Like

Hi Jay,
All links are died, i can not download it. Can give me tip for installing habmin 2 for openhab 2?.

when i try to use UI Habmin, it shows only “loading…”, and then nothing.

Thanks

Go to PaperUI -> Addons -> UI and hit the install button.
As an alternative approach you may add
ui = habmin
to your addons.cfg (also add your other UI’s, otherwise they get uninstalled!)