HabPanel not updating

I have a wall mounted iPad 2 using habpanel to control my lights which are a mixture of technologies (insteon, hue, tp-link, wemo, wifi/magichome). When anything has a state change outside if openhab (i.e. via Alexa) the display does not update. Openhab itself understands the new state, but it’s not showing up in HabPanel. If I reload the browser window it shows the new state, but I’d like it to update automatically. Any thoughts?

Bruce

Does it work in a regular browser on a computer? Open the dev tools console in a Chrome browser
( Command+Option+J on Mac, Control+Shift+J on PC)
and check whether you see “Updating item X state from Y to Z)” in the Console

OK - on chrome on a Windows 10 PC, it updates just fine. It must be something about the full screen browser I’m using on the iPad (chrome doesn’t support full screen). Any recommendations on a full screen iOS browser that will update properly?

it’s not a chrome problem. I use Safari, on ipad2 and i have same problem

Hi,
have you managed to find the solution ? Exact same problem, Galaxy tab 2 with habpanel on and it’s not updating when item state changes, I have to manually refresh to see the change !

i have the same problem on Chrome and Fully kiosk too,I have to manually refresh to see the change too.

I’m also having such issues. Mainly if the tablet is going to sleep. (I’ve an automation which wakes up the tablet on movement). Chrome update to the latest version helped a bit, but it is still 50-50.

my problem is with group switches at habpanel.When i use the group switch to turn on all the items in that group the items turn on but i dont see at log a [GroupItemStateChangedEvent] that group has changed to ON so the switch at habpanel does not update status and remain to OFF.I have to reload the page to see it to ON.The other way around ,turning from ON to OFF ,works just fine everytime.My groups are set like this:

Group:Switch:OR(ON,OFF)  livLights       "livLights" ( All_Lights )

if i use NOR(ON,OFF) then the on state is ok and the off not updating…

vendor.js:197 [Violation] Added non-passive event listener to a scroll-blocking ‘touchstart’ event. Consider marking event handler as ‘passive’ to make the page more responsive. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5745543795965952
|h|@|vendor.js:197|
|—|---|—|
|on|@|vendor.js:198|
|W.|@|vendor.js:201|
|bindEvents|@|vendor.js:556|
|manageEventsBindings|@|vendor.js:556|
|resetSlider|@|vendor.js:556|
|(anonymous)|@|vendor.js:556|
|$broadcast|@|vendor.js:149|
|(anonymous)|@|dashboard.view.controller.js:42|
|(anonymous)|@|vendor.js:160|
|f|@|vendor.js:45|
|(anonymous)|@|vendor.js:48|

I get this Violation messages. Running on chrome.

Habpanel does not update on its own, on refreshing it gets updated. No errors.

Any ideas?

Over here the same problem. Items state doesn’t change on the habpanel. Even when I change the state of an item. It directly goes back to that first state? Strange.