HabPanel or no HabPanel

Hi, i’m switching soon to OH2 and my UI is not compatible :

I custom it a lot so it look like : https://s29.postimg.org/648456dph/Capture_d_cran_2016_12_15_12_17_19.png

I really like it but it doesn’t have any support anymore…

So HabPanel look a bit like this and have a lot of possibility off customization. I have some feature that I need to be able to keep (they are not all important but I wanna know what feature can i keep )

• I want transparent icon like on the picture I posted
  • I want a custom colour picker that look more like the picture I posted
  • I want the possibility of an Hidden icon that appear only under condition ( Ex : my trash can apear only on trash day )
  • I want to be able to switch to another page with an icon (like ahref or something )
  • I want to add thing on the status bar maybe ?
  • I want french support ?
  • I want/Need an auto refresh system so ex: if i’m on a tablette in a the kitchen and I select the bedroom in the UI i want that the interface to return automatically on the kitchen UI after 2 min of inactivity
    -May be ( i did that right now in php ) have the server to look ip adress and force a room UI… so lets say i’m on the kitchen tab he will force at opening the kitchen UI

I think thats it …

if you need more explication about one of my request ask me !

Hey Dominic,
You can always submit an issue on HABPanel’s github where these features can be discussed with the developer’s community :slight_smile:
Nothing stops you from submitting your own Pull request with a given feature implemented as well.
We’re all here to make our home automation system better :smiley:

I want transparent icon like on the picture I posted

This could be handled with a new theme I guess :slight_smile:

I want a custom colour picker that look more like the picture I posted

I really like the color picker @Basem_AlSaeed proposed in his recent post.

I want the possibility of an Hidden icon that appear only under condition ( Ex : my trash can apear only on trash day )

Dummy or Template widget in HABPanel?

I want to be able to switch to another page with an icon (like ahref or something )

Take a look at this issue and then at my custom widget and to the built-in Button widget (probably the best option :)), which has this feature built in

I want to add thing on the status bar maybe ?

There’s no status bar in HABPanel yet. Propose a feature

I want french support ?

No i18n supported for HABPanel right now, but honestly - I don’t think it’s a priority.
You can label your dashboards/widgets however you want :slight_smile:

I want/Need an auto refresh system so ex: if i’m on a tablette in a the kitchen and I select the bedroom in the UI i want that the interface to return automatically on the kitchen UI after 2 min of inactivity

This could be handled with openHAB rules and HABPanel’s ability to change dashboard dynamically in response to item’s update. Take a look at this discussion.

-May be ( i did that right now in php ) have the server to look ip adress and force a room UI… so lets say i’m on the kitchen tab he will force at opening the kitchen UI

You can configure HABPanel to store dashboards per device (stored in browser’s localStorage) or you can display one set of dashboards everywhere. Totally up to you :wink:

Hope that helped a bit!

Cheers,
K

2 Likes

Wow ! thanks a lot for taking the time to answer !

For the status bar i mean the bar at the top where the refresh button is. It could be really cool to have the time and other thing in this bar

This might be and old topic but better here then opening a new one:

This is like a wish list for Habpanel…or maybe there is already workaround…

• Option for HabPanel to use the strings in the items file as labels, now I have to retype all of them. It will be easier to update them too. I see that the GUI already gets them when I open the items dropdown. Maybe add a checkbox to use the server provided one.
  • Option to have ranges with different colors, for example very hot, would be a red font. It was available in sitemaps. It is also available in Knobs but not for basic buttons/dummy
  • Knobs are fine but there is no number formatting for them. For electricity, I have measurements with a lot of decimals. It is a mess in the frontend.
  • Make frames without scrollbars, looks ugly. Even if the page is long I do not need it all. Maybe it is possible to do that with CSS (done that in GreenT Ui in OH1)
  • Variables for colors or get rid of the color pickers and provide just a color palette of few colors provided by a theme? For example, if I choose light blue for a button it is fine in the dark theme but if I use a different theme on other devices that light blue is bad on white theme. Each theme should have like 5 colors that compliment each other. Any panel will look good with any theme if apsolute colors are not picked.
  • Option to update an openhab item on each touch/mouse activity over the page. Maybe with some unique ID? I like the idea to move the HabPanel by updating an item but I would not like that to happen if someone is working on a panel in the last 5 seconds. Mainly I would like to return HabPanel on all devices to a default screen after some inactivity. Would be nice also to know if someone is using the panel
  • Instructions on how to use our own iconset. Would be nice if the icon name from the items file can be pulled to… I did a lot of work on this in my openhab1, now it is hard to migrate. The provided icons are …limited
  • Iframe limitation (probably not habpanel issue) but there are many webpages like google maps and earthquake.usgs.gov that show this in the chrome console: Refused to display in a frame because it set ‘X-Frame-Options’ to ‘sameorigin’.
  • It would be nice if image widget crop the image at the bottom, now it overflow while trying to keep aspect ratio and full width stretch