HABPanelViewer 0.9.27

Is this fix (camera wake after SCREEN_DIM) in the new version? I am using a Kiosk Browser instead of HABPanelViewer untill this is fixed, so I hope so :slight_smile:

yes

After restarting openHAB, HPV does not listen to commands anymore. I have to also restart HBV (manually at the tablet). Anyone else seeing this?

I have installed 0.9.24 release from Github now also on my Nexus 7 (LineageOS, Android 7.1.2, Chrome 71 set as Webview).

I have some problems and before I file an issue, I’d like to ask for opinions/known workarounds:

1. I am starting in Kiosk mode. But the web page is not at the top (small black bar at the top). I have to manually scroll it up a bit, so that I see the bottom widget fully. It’s only a little that is missing.

2. The RELOAD command does not work. Command log says “Flash control not available on this device”. Why is flash needed for reload? The RESTART command works however.

3. Camera snapshot is working only after I manually allowed camera right in App Info. But the image is pretty dark in poor light. It is a bit brighter with Pre-Lollipop, but that one is crashy. This may be a Nexus 7 limitation though.

Thanks!

1. And the behavior differs from the old version? I can’t remember having changed anything related to the webview. I also cannot reproduce this here.
  2. This is a bug. It only occurs on devices without LED: https://github.com/vbier/habpanelviewer/issues/31
  3. Have you tried to increase the delay as described in the help?
  1. I guess, it is not different from old versions. But I just started to add the Nexus 7 as a 2nd tablet and with the dashboard I am using for that, I have this problem. I can try to fix that probably with CSS or when setting the start page, HPV could remember the scroll position, that would be cool.
  2. Thanks!
  3. I have raised it to 500. Does not seem to make a difference.

Can you also say something about my previous posting above (lost connection after openHAB restart)?

Have not yet had the time to reproduce the reconnection problem. But I have added unit tests especially for connection recovery and these work just as they should.

Hi Volker, not seen it on the Play Store as yet? any idea when

No, works for me. Does it never work for you with the new version or sporadically? Do you restart normally or did openHAB crash?

No, as i do not publish on the play store, I have no idea if and when it will be done.

No trouble , i installed manually. Hopefully this fixes the connection drop outs

Which connection drop outs are you talking about?

I installed 0.9.25pre (from 03.02.) and it still says the same error when sending the RELOAD command.

Also, on the same device, I have enabled reload start page when switching on and it does not do that. Of course, once the RELOAD command works, I have a workaround for this issue.

Looks like i forgot brackets when trying to fix the problem. I just added them and updated the apk. Can you please retest?

Habpanel constantly displays a message in red ‘lost connection …’

Its about 1meter from a Uniqiti Pro AC access point and the tablet works just fine.

Thanks, that fixed it. RELOAD does now work on my Nexus 7. However, auto-reload start page on screen on setting does not work.

Edit:
After RELOAD, I am losing Kiosk mode. RESTART fixes it.

RELOAD bug has been fixed, The auto-reload is only an auto-load. So it loads the start page if not already shown.

This is shown by HabPanel, there is no HPV code involved in this. Everything shown in the browser widget is handled by the WebView component, HPV only adds functionality around this. This will not change with HPV updates.
Does this work on the same device with Chrome? If yes, does the chrome version differ from the webview version used by HPV? Is it constantly showing this message or does it work sometimes? Have you enabled javascript in the HPV preferences?

OK, works, thanks!

Yes, Java Script is on.

Chrome works fine. The weather images dont load on HPV, but on Chrome for example in the Weather Widget ive got.

In case you want me to help you should answer my questions.

Do you use the identical URL in chrome and as start page in HPV? Or are there differences in domain name, name/ip address differences?

Ill check ! maybe not!