HABPanelViewer 0.9.27

I just uploaded a new version that buffers item updates until the server is available. Please check if this fixes your problems.

Current device sensor values can not be read, AFAIK. It is only possible to be notified on change.

Check the app help.

Is there a way to grab the camera stream and send to openhab?

Or do i need additional software to do this?

There is no way to do that currently. But you can create a pull request.

Screen on not working properly. When I press the openhab switch, screen wakes up, but 2 minutes later screen goes off. Openhab switch still on.

Any idea how to solve that issue?

Was in the process of making an ADB log for the Tab 3, but used my remote url this time (typed in by hand). And now it is connecting to the server. Will different ways to input the url on the local network when I am on the local network again.

@vbier, I know this is not what you intended for this app, but I was playing around and installed it on my FireTV to see what would happen. Iā€™m stuck with configuring it, as there is no touch interface to bring up the menu, and the remote isnā€™t doing anything. I searched for a configuration file that I could access (non-rooted), but did not see anything. Is there any way to configure the app, other than through the menu?

I have no idea how the FireTV will behave once the app is configured. Iā€™ve toyed with the idea of making a Kodi plugin for viewing Habpanel, mainly for popping a security camera panel and receiving notifications. I already do this using Kodi APIs, but they are limited to when Kodi is running. Iā€™m thinking maybe your app could be adapted for this purpose.

Can you open habpanel in the browser on your tab 3? Maybe your router does not allow the tablet to access habpanel using the local URL?

I was actually even seeing my habpanel site in habpanelviewer as well, but somehow stated not connected.

Sorry, there is no way to configure the app without using the menu. I have no interest in this, but you can add the functionality and create a pull request.

There are two different connections involved. The browser connection and an additional SSE connection from which the connection state is derived.

@5iver I was also playing running on FireTV as it could be very useful for a general system status display (ex. using old G1 Firesticks).

It just needs listeners for the remote keycodes which I have partially tested and is ā€œon my listā€ to finish up and create a PR (along with a couple others).

1 Like

This is not as easy as I had thought. Problem is that the updates do not come at a fixed interval, so you can not simply keep a specific number of old values. I just had code ready that computes a rolling average, but it does not work due to the mentioned problem. I will think about this some more and come up with something else.

1 Like

Screen on works on my devices when I have the checkbox selected. There was a bug where screen would turn off when the regexp matched right at the start of the app. I just uploaded a version with a fix for this.

There is not much I can do if I can not reproduce your problem.

With latest version now it works. Thanks.

Is there a way to check in openhab, if habpanelviwer is online? Can you implement this function? So I can see if the data is valid or from an old state and no new values since some time.

I have expire binding already installed.

But what can i do with this binding to solve my question?

When my tablet is online and habpanelviewer is started, then i get infos to my items. But if someone stops the habpanel viewer app on my tablet - i still can see the last values on my items, but i donĀ“t know, if the tablet is still online or maybe battery is empty.

Yesterday my tablet was completely off, because of empty battery - i still saw 30% on my battery item inside openhab. This was the last state, habpanelviewer was online i think.

So please tell me, how i can solve this with expire binding???

I can check if my tablet is online with network-health-binding, but i still donĀ“t know, if habpanelviewer is running at this moment. Maybe you can implement another item, which sends a ā€œaliveā€ ping every few minutes? And if i donĀ“t get a new alive-info i can be sure, the tablet is offline and so i can hide the items on my sitemap.

If i have a tablet with a very big battery, i will get very few updates to my battery-item, because every %-state lasts very long - or if the tabelt is connected to external power, i will never get updates to %, because it is allways 100%.

If i have a tablet with very small battery and no external power, i can see a lower % every few minutes, so this would be no problem to check if last value was sent few minutes ago. But tablet in home enviroment normaly is not used on battery powerā€¦

1 Like

Activate brightness reporting.

I would like to do this, but my tablet doesnĀ“t have this sensor.

I have two tablets (amazon fire 7 and Voyo Q101 4G with android 7 from a china shop - banggod/gearbest/ā€¦). None of this has a brightness sensor. My smartphone (Samsung Galaxy Note 4) has this sensor, but itĀ“s too small to use as a wall mount tablet.

Or you can implement an item which only answers, if openhab is sending a question to the tablet? So i can do this inside openhab with a rule and change the time to my own needs.