HABPanelViewer

android
habpanel
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fd312984968> #<Tag:0x00007fd3129847d8>

(Frederic Mariën) #353

Thanks! If can help you with something I’ll be happy to help next weekend.

(Volker Bier) #354

I am simply using a webview (which is the rendering component used by chrome) to show HabPanel. There is no additional code in the browser component which could slow down visualization, so I am not sure what the reason might be. Is the app responsive when it does not update, e.g. can you pull open the menu?

Does this happen when the tablet screen is on and the app is showing?

(Gerhard Riegler) #355

Hi @vbier

Is it possible to create a hpv-debug.apk from the current master?

I have some troubles with my tablets, they crash by accident. Sometimes after a few hours, sometimes after a few days. I need to start it with a long press on the on/off button.

You’ve fixed some bugs in the master, maybe it works better now. I would be surprised, however, that an app can completely crash a tablet. So I think it’s something else.

Thank you!

(Volker Bier) #356

It is linked in the first post.

(Daniel Linder) #357

Thanks for the feedback.
For some reason the viewer does not refresh very often.
However Chrome does…
I do not know whether this is due to the app of something else in Android. Is there some kind of refresh setting somewhere?

Also, normally the app stops running in approx. 24 to 48 hrs. It stops responding to input, and I have to reboot the tablets (Huawei T1 10, running stock Android 4.4.2).

(Volker Bier) #358

Try the apk linked in the first post, and provide a log file in case it still crashes. Otherwise I can not help.

(Rob Pope) #359

Right, I’m going to try and get the motion detection working now I’ve got a break from some other projects.

Here are my items:

//Kitchen Tablet
Number  Tablet_Battery_Level    "Kitchen Tablet Battery [%d %%]"
Contact Tablet_Motion_Detected  "Motion Detected [%s]"
Contact Tablet_Is_Charging      "Kitchen Tablet Charging [%s]"
String  Tablet_Control          "Kitchen Tablet Control"

The settings are red, I’m sure it used to turn a different colour when the item was found

But nothing is set in the sitemap

What am I missing?

(Volker Bier) #360

Is the app connected to openHAB? Does it show the server in the upper part of the menu or “not connected”?

(Rob Pope) #361

RTFM Rob, RTFM :wink: I’d put the full habpanel path into the URL box. Changing it to be just the server address resolved the issue. Thanks!

(Rob Pope) #362

OK, making progress, but the contact item is always set as closed. I’ve tried changing the three parameters in the sensor settings with no joy. The only time it changes is when I restart the app.

EDIT: It’s now changing the value but HabPanel Viewer isn’t seeing the SCREEN_ON command. Nothing is reported in the command log at all

(Volker Bier) #363

I assume you have created the appropriate rule that actually sends the command (and does not post an update instead).
Check that you have an entry like the following in your events.log:

Item 'Tablet_Control' received command SCREEN_ON

If you have, does the menu show that the app is connected? The connection status from the menu is directly derived from the SSE connection to the openHAB server. So if it shows the server URL, commands should come in.

(Volker Bier) #364

One more thing that came to my mind. If you have Android 7+ try to change the webview implementation in the android developer settings. I had missing updates with the default AOSP webview. The “Google Webview” seems to work best for me.

(Daniel Linder) #365

Yes, that is probably the case for me as well. I have two old Note 8.0 tablets, updated to 7.0 (Linage OS) they work perfectly with instant updates. It’s the 4.4 tablets that does not work satisfactorily…

(Rob Pope) #366

Sorry, I started an update last night but forgot to finish it.

After a bit of playing I’ve got it working, but I find the application is crashing quite often. I’ll grab the debug APK off Github and see what’s what.

(Volker Bier) #367

Have you tested if your problems are fixed with the new apk?

(Frederic Mariën) #368

No not yet. I was keeping an eye on the issue you created on Github so I didn’t want to bother you while you were working on it. I didn’t notice you already fixed it.
I guess that this commit will probably fix it? https://github.com/vbier/habpanelviewer/commit/9b0cd2cb85f8cc49de344a5ed6d774ed606f2ade

I’ll test later today when I’m home.
Thanks!

(Frederic Mariën) #369

I tried to reproduce the issue without succes so that’s good!
I will keep an eye on it for a couple of days.

(Rob Pope) #370

I’ve had the auto-on working briefly. Using the debug APK and turning off hardware acceleration resolved the crashes, however the motion detection contact is always closed. I turned on the camera preview (I’ve tried both lollipop and non) I see that to start with the camera is working but after a while it goes to a black screen.

(Crispin) #371

Sorry folks, am I being really dumb?

I have the command item setup and single commands work fine. Example SCREEN_DIM works fine.

What do I do if I want to run something with a parameter? SET_BRIGHTNESS=10 SET_BRIGHTNESS 10 SET_BRIGHTNESS:10 all turn yellow in habpanelviewer log meaning they’re not understood.

Thanks

(Crispin) #372

Ignore me… quotes :slight_smile: