HABPanelViewer 0.9.27

I have switched back to 0.9.17. For whatever reason, it still does not prompt for uname/pswd when I’ve removed them from the URL parameter string, even after a number of restarts to clear cache. The same string will induce a prompt for those parameters on Chrome and Firefox on my desktop.

I also cannot get the display to come back on after it goes to sleep. It successfully receives and acts on KEEP_SCREEN_ON when the screen is already on and while there is motion. It updates Tablet_Motion and receives ALLOW_SCREEN_OFF when motion ceases, though no Tablet_Motion changes are registered after the screen has been turned off, even when WiFi has been set to stay on, so no KEEP_SCREEN_ON is being sent.

Is it possible to SCREEN_DIM when no motion is detected, and then SCREEN_UNDIM when motion occurs?

I have switched back to 0.9.17. For whatever reason, it still does not prompt for uname/pswd when I’ve removed them from the URL parameter string, even after a number of restarts to clear cache. The same string will induce a prompt for those parameters on Chrome and Firefox on my desktop.

Select “Forget logins” from the context menu if you want to make sure no credentials are cached in the app.
If the camera requests basic authentication, a password dialog will be shown by the app.

I also cannot get the display to come back on after it goes to sleep. It successfully receives and acts on KEEP_SCREEN_ON when the screen is already on and while there is motion. It updates Tablet_Motion and receives ALLOW_SCREEN_OFF when motion ceases, though no Tablet_Motion changes are registered after the screen has been turned off, even when WiFi has been set to stay on, so no KEEP_SCREEN_ON is being sent.

Are you sure the commands are sent? What does the command log show for the commands that did not work? In order to make sure that the commands work on your tablet, you should probably create a button in HABPanel that just sends one command and then click it to test.

Is your tablet still connected to openHAB when you turn off the screen? You can use the “Connected Indicator” in the settings to check this.

Is it possible to SCREEN_DIM when no motion is detected, and then SCREEN_UNDIM when motion occurs?

You can send any command you like. Your just have to write a rule that sends it.

vbier, is it possible to add variable for keeping currently opened panel name as an item (string)?

I have put on my todo list to report the current URL to openHAB.

I have also added a context menu for toggling kiosk mode. It will be in available in next version.

1 Like

Can you integrate a “check for update” function too? And a possibility to install the latest jar directly from your github?

So we don´t need playstore anymore and can get updates much faster directly from you.

You were the one who asked for the app on the play store:

And now after people invested their time to get it on the play store you are telling me you want a direct update function in the app? Why don’t you ask if somebody can come over to your place and do the updates for you? That would be even more convenient :wink:.

Seriously, you can either install apks yourself or use the play store update functionality. I am not going to build an update mechanism into the app.

3 Likes

The problem is, if i install the latest apk manually, then playstore update will not work any longer. And if i install playstore version (or stay at this version), i´m still on 0.9.13pre…

I´m currently on playstore version. The last time i changed from the old app to the new one from playstore, i had to manually configure the app completely from scratch. No settings were used from the old version. I hope with the new string mechanism to send values to the app this will be a little less work, because many things are configured server side now.

So now only way is waiting for updated playstore version…

I use the app with 3 tablets and it is a long time to set up all three tablets with every update of the app.

The playstore(s) for app delivery is the intended way for the app to be delivered and updated (and automatically if you wish in your local settings).

Manually installing the APKs from GitHub (or anywhere else) is mainly intended for testing/accessing the very latest (potentially only for testing) version.

The latest version will be on the playstore(s) very shortly. Trying to get some minor help text/cosmetic updates to @vbier today for his approval.

3 Likes

I have yesterday released a new version on github. It has only a few minor changes but was needed in order to get the app published on fdroid. It should be available there in a few days according to @mueller-ma, who did most of the work and gave me valuable advice on how to get the app accepted on fdroid.

The advantage with fdroid is that the app will automatically be updated there whenever I do a release on github.

• add context menu allowing to toggle kiosk mode when HABPanel is shown
  • add configuration section to in-app help
  • added example URL to openHAB URL settings dialog

@miker also has updated the version on the play store, but I am not sure which version he actually used. So it might be possible that the play store version does not exactly match this one.

1 Like

I updated my habpanel viewer to playstore version 0.9.18pre yesterday. Working good so far, the new functionylity with the command-string-item is great!

Playstore version was built around 27.02.2018 afternoon.

I can send “keep screen on” or “allow screen off” to the tablet. But how can i check, which of both is present at the moment? Is there a switch item / contact item or do i have to persist this on my own inside openhab?

But i encountered one problem, think this is not habpanel viewer but habpanel general problem?

I have a clock widget inside habpanel, which always shows the correct time. In the upper right corner i have a small clock also, this clock shows the wrong time. Yesterday it was 19:22 (7:22 pm) and the clock shows still 19:02 (7:02 pm).

Anybody encountered the same? Is this a habpanel problem? Should i make a new thread?

Theres is no way to know which screen state is currently set. I did not see a use case for this, as you can send every command regardless of the current state, i.e. it does not harm to send “Allow screen off” if the screen is currently off.

Regarding the clock: open HABPanel in chrome, check if the problem is also there. If yes, create a new thread.
It is unlikely that this is caused by HABPanelViewer.

Hi

Do someone have a download link for the apk file, can’t find it on GitHub

They are at: https://github.com/vbier/habpanelviewer/releases

You can also install via the Google Play Store or Amazon App store (currently by invitation using links)

This application is now available as a beta release in Google and Amazon app stores (need to use these links to “sign-up”, it won’t show up in general search on either store yet)

This should make it significantly easier to install and keep updated.

Google Play Store
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/de.vier_bier.habpanelviewer94

Amazon App Store
Please note. there are some options/features in this app around home/launcher screen and wake that are not supported by Amazon’s FireOS. This is intentional by Amazon as they want to control the home/lock screen with their custom home/launcher application, specifically for their “Ad-Enabled” version that lets them promote the tablets at a lower cost by showing “Special Offers” on the lock/sleep screens. (At some point, these options will show as not supported if on FireOS)

To participate in this test, please choose a marketplace:
Amazon.com.br | Amazon.de7 | Amazon.com.au1 | Amazon.co.uk2 | Amazon.co.jp | Amazon.it1 | Amazon.fr | Amazon.ca | Amazon.com3 | Amazon.es

If you have any issues with this links, let me know!

Not sure why all the Amazon App store links didn’t copy over, but you can see them all in the original post in this thread on Dec 17th.

That reminds me… is there any way to expand the limit on testers? As soon as I saw your original post I tried to get in, but I got this and still do…

The Amazon store’s “testers” approach is different. I need to add your email to the list. If you could PM me the email you use with the Amazon appstore, I’ll add it asap. (any anyone else as well)

Within the next couple days/weeks I think we will be at the point where the app will be generally available on both app stores. (ie. not requiring an invite/etc). as soon as @vbier gives the green light.

Hi @vbier and thanks you for this piece of software ! lots of cool features !

I’m trying to build a HABPanel Alarm clock, and I was playing with audio sink and I was trying to stream something but I can’t manage to play any radios… So I switched to the playsound system to try to play a mp3 file, but it seem impossible to stop it when you have launched it. It seem not to be build for …

I don’t know if you take some feature request, but maybe you would consider adding a PlaySound (local or remote mp3) or PlayStream action (and stop feature …) if it make sens to you ? It would be so great if it is not so hard to achieve this …

Best regards,

Mac_Fly

I’ve been playing around with PLAY version of habpanelviewer on my six Lenovo TAB2 A10-70 tablets and I have found the following issues:

1. Spoken Feedback in habpanel settings doesn’t show any TTS languages, perhaps this is some android permissions issue since I’ve installed habpanelviewer from PLAY. TTS languages are available for other browser like Chrome.
  2. Volume control through dimmer item doesn’t work (at lest for my tablet). Does it work at all or I should use SET_VOLUME command?
  3. I observe that tablets’ batteries drain faster than before, was there any changes recently that could make it worse?

BTW what’s the difference between mobile and desktop mode?

Re

1. Web Speech API does not seem to be supported in android webview component: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=487255
  2. what is volume control through dimmer?
  3. it should be better than before, as I have reduced cpu usage in a few places. Have you activated additional functionality?

It should toggle whether special mobile pages will be shown or rather the desktop version.

I just looked in the HABPanel code to see if I can add something that stops the currently playing WebAudio, but this does not seem possible.
I also do not want to implement the sound functionality, as this would rather belong into openHAB code. Maybe you can create an issue with a feature request to have the stop functionality added to openHAB.