Hacking BasicUI: My current Theme / OH2 Setup *Update with Repo*

mappings can be use with Text?

It’s a Switch form the network binding

This is really great.
Significantly more responsive than HabPanel view and looks nearly equally impressive.

I have a couple of minor bugs / feature changes I’d like to see.
1 - I want to drop the header / navigation (like here: Customizing Basic UI with CSS

2 - I’d like the content to wrap to the second column as soon as it gets past the bottom of the screen.(At the moment, content can easily go past the bottom of the screen on column 1, thus being out of sight) - my intention is to use this on a wall mounted tablet.

Of course I am not expecting you to code any of this, just suggesting as potential feature enhancements

1 Like

The column wrapping code needs some more love indeed, it’s on my list. It works kind of ok for me but i’m aware it could cause issues with other sitemap layouts

Removing the header bar is as easy as adding “display:none;” to the “.mdl-layout__header” class in overrides.css

here’s the column-wrapping fix:

turns out this is actually a better approach than flexbox css

Top man - thanks, will have a look!

Looks great, can you also post /etc/openhab2/scripts/python/gcal/syncgcal.py.
Would love to see how your sync the calendar. Your rules seem to be using this but the github src code is missing it. Thanks!

just pushed an update. i basically rewrote gmail and gcal syncing, it now works with multiple accounts and the usual credentials/token.json stuff, i tried to do it in node.js at first but the google API sucks big time, so python it is:

when i’m done with the shellys and some other stuff, i want to implement event scheduling via gcal, to like control heating during holidays, etc

1 Like

Looks awesome !

on which env this BasicUI is supported :

1. Android Openhab application ?
  2. Android Chrome ?
  3. Windows Chrome local ?
  4. Windows chrome myopenhab?

it works in all browsers, local and via cloud, openhab app is something else

1 Like

Really awesome i have upgraded to 2.4 just to get this awesome UI
i am really impressed, you are right. #basicUIisNOTdead

Before

After

1. could i ask you how Do you login to open hab outside your LAN from your phone ?
    from myopenhab, i am getting the standard basicui

2. is it possible to increase the font size and icon size.
    i have updated the font size in the css but it;s not refreshed

3. i didn’t understand the taskbar near to the clock
    i have tried to hide it but it do not work

4. How do you retrieve the phone location and whatsapp status ?
    i have see this item

String	 MQTT_Phone_S_PositionRaw  "Raw Data" { mqtt="<[cloudmqtt:owntracks/XXXXXXX/a0001:state:default]" }
  1. how syncgmail.js is triggered?

2. broadlink-mqtt: do you have only one RM ?
    did you create a service ?

3. syncgcal

not sure to understand how the openhab items are updated ?
how do you trigger this script?

1. i have also restored your scripts but getting those errors

Thanks again

I just implemented event scheduling through google calendar to control heating, alarms, tts volume etc via calendar events. I had it running for a couple days and it’s kind of awesome, probably the most flexible scheduling approach i’ve seen so far.

(the grey entries are some kind of activity log, phone calls etc)

3 Likes

Hi, I tried to implement your super schema with very nice results
Only I got some overlap and some cut off like this all over
Am I forgetting some setup value ?
I’m on Windows 10 with Chrome and Firefox

Thank you @illnesse

Excuse-me, I got the following at inizialization startup executing JS233

“SyntaxError: /etc/openhab2/automation/jsr223/00_jslib/JSRule.js:2:35 Missing space after numeric literal”

This occur for every scripts present in directory …\Scripts…\

I also got the following error for the same Scripts directory
2019-05-22 18:39:42.909 [ERROR] [ipt.internal.ScriptEngineManagerImpl] - Error during evaluation of script ‘file:/etc/openhab2/automation/jsr223/00_jslib/helper.js’: :1:1 Expected an operand but found error

2019-05-22 18:39:43.257 [ERROR] [ipt.internal.ScriptEngineManagerImpl] - Error during evaluation of script ‘file:/etc/openhab2/automation/jsr223/00_jslib/PersistenceExtensions.js’: :1:0 Expected an operand but found error

2019-05-22 18:39:43.317 [ERROR] [ipt.internal.ScriptEngineManagerImpl] - Error during evaluation of script ‘file:/etc/openhab2/automation/jsr223/00_jslib/triggersAndConditions.js’: :1:0 Expected an operand but found error

2019-05-22 18:39:43.369 [ERROR] [ipt.internal.ScriptEngineManagerImpl] - Error during evaluation of script ‘file:/etc/openhab2/automation/jsr223/00_scripts/00_pre_startup.js’: :1:0 Expected an operand but found error

I run 2.4.0 on Raspberry PI and installed every extention required

Totally unable to managed the scripts myself

Thank you

Hi there, is there any new update? Thanks for sharing this nice UI.
BR

Sorry i have been busy with other projects the past couple months. I might get back into it when it gets colder outside :slight_smile: Glad you like it!

3 Likes

Could you share the iconset used? Struggling to find something similar for my lightbulbs =)

Dear illnesse,
Great work! Thanks for sharing also the overrides.html and the overrides.css
May you also post your jquerycookie.js you are referring to?

Hi ! Would it be possible for you to push your latest update with the SVG floorplan to github ?
Thank you

wow awesome work illnesse!
got it finally working now and this is what my ui now looks like:

the only thing im still struggling is to get the grafana renderings transparent.
any hint where to put the grafana.light.css?