Handler disposed?

[WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler MiIoGenericHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed

New installation.
Is there any solution for these warnings? (latest OH 3.2.0 with MIIO binding).

More of the same.
Is there no solution to these flooding the log?

2022-02-03 19:38:23.368 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler MiIoBasicHandler of thing miio:basic:138282f8a5 tried updating channel network#ssid although the handler was already disposed.
2022-02-03 19:38:23.370 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler MiIoBasicHandler of thing miio:basic:138282f8a5 tried updating channel network#bssid although the handler was already disposed.
2022-02-03 19:38:23.372 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler MiIoBasicHandler of thing miio:basic:138282f8a5 tried updating channel network#rssi although the handler was already disposed.
2022-02-03 19:38:23.374 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler MiIoBasicHandler of thing miio:basic:138282f8a5 tried updating channel network#life although the handler was already disposed.

not a real structural solution but prob solving the warnings issue
bundle:restart org.openhab.binding.miio
If after restart (or possible restart of whole openhab) the issue remains, please log the issue (with a debug log) in github issues tracker. (binding: miio)

1 Like

I have the same issue suddenly for the Somfy binding. I tried clearing the cache to no avail. I also stopped the Thing that contains the Bridge but also there no luck.

• Running OH 3.2
  • Issue since 5 March 21:53L (UTC +1)
  • I think I reset my Somfy password at that time

@Ondrej_Pecta do you have any idea/leads I can follow? Logs below. I switched the Bridge-Thing of between 09:42 and 09:44, no luck. I also tried switching off the Gateway thing, also no luck.

2022-03-08 09:40:54.522 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:41:06.849 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:41:08.733 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:41:24.522 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:41:36.849 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:41:38.733 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:41:54.523 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:42:06.850 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:42:08.734 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:42:09.306 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:42:24.523 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:42:36.851 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:42:38.735 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:42:54.524 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:43:06.851 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:43:08.735 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:43:24.525 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:43:36.852 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:43:38.736 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:43:51.060 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:43:54.525 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:44:06.852 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:44:08.737 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:44:23.650 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:44:24.526 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:44:36.853 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:44:38.737 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:44:54.527 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-03-08 09:45:06.854 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.

I would say :

• that this problem is still happening
  • that this is happening when configuration files (*.items) are hot-reloaded
  • that it’s randomly happening (and all in all, rather rare)
  • (at external view) that it seems somehow some kind of synchronization problem between the shutdown/reload of some internal parts and the appliance of the changed configuration at items level

In my situation :

• Happening on OpenHAB3 3.3.0-SNAPSHOT (debian) running in docker on an archlinux host
  • Happening with the shelly plugin
  • No other solution when the problem is happening that restarting the (docker) container

Example (and yes it’s generating litteraly thousands of WARN all the time) :

2022-04-24 21:57:08.095 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler ShellyRelayHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2022-04-24 21:57:08.095 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler ShellyRelayHandler of thing shelly:shellyplugs:42bfcc tried checking if channel device#heartBeat is linked although the handler was already disposed.
2022-04-24 21:57:08.095 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler ShellyRelayHandler of thing shelly:shellyplugs:42bfcc tried checking if channel device#deviceName is linked although the handler was already disposed.
2022-04-24 21:57:08.127 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler ShellyRelayHandler of thing shelly:shellyplugs:42bfcc tried checking if channel relay#outputName is linked although the handler was already disposed.

i had this last night. I was playing around with some new rules and I ended up deleting a dimmer and a switch for volume and mute , then I noticed those same errors. here is what I did to fix it.

stopped openhab and cleared the its cache. I thought that fixed it at first but it didn’t. then I noticed along with those I saw a error saying problem trying to post an update to the dimmer BedroomTV_Volume because the item doesn’t exist. it didn’t but I had no rules running to try and update it so it was really goofy. What I ended up doing, and I did this all at once cuz I was p[issed off so I don’t know which step exactly did it but its most likely a combo. So after cleared cache and am booted I made 2 dimmers and 2 switches, called BednroomTV_Volume and BedroomTV_VolumeNEW and BedroomTV_Mute and BedroomTV_MuteNEW . left them unlinked for now. then I went into things, and slowly turned off each binding . This is where I noticed all the amazon things binding status said uninitialized . quick investigation into that , cache somehow broke the binding install (maybe cuz I had the community version installed from SmartHome/J who knows) so I quickly reinstalled the amazon binding. I think I restarted openhab at this point but not positive. Then I went and turned each thing back on and made sure they connected OK… Now , Finally after that’s all done, the 4 items we made earlier are ready for use now. So I went to my chromecast binding and clicked create pointss from thing. . for Volume I picked BedroomTV_VolumeNEW and then BedroomTV_MuteNEW for mute and verified the worked as they should. Finally, I went and just toggled the unlinked switch and adjusted the unlinked volume dimmer to some random value and then rebooted again. . I noticed the log spam was gone and waited like a day or so to be sure. I went and disabled the chromecast binding thing again, unlinked the “NEW” dimmer and switches, deleted the items l and re linked the things to my old items because i’m a perfectionist and didn’t want them to have that mismatched naming convention .heh. If I had to quess, its something with the jsondb or something where an item is removed , but the system wasn’t informed so it keeps trying to poll something that isn’t there… Just happened to me last night so I figured id chime in. seems good now after all the above steps

I’ve had this issue (–> “although the handler was already disposed”) multiple times and in various forms when I (re)activate bindings that update or refresh due to configuration of (channel/item/thing) status.

Primary cause appers to me that the callback of a (refreshed or deavtivated) “thingshandler” remains active or queued in memory until one clears it by restarting the openHAB-christmas tree. Apparently the “callback” - as checked in BaseThingHandler - is never cleared or removed and is remains stuck to which produces the error-message.

still there! OH 3.2.4

is nobody able to find a persistent solution?