[SOLVED] Hardware replacement

Hello to all.

I have an OpenHabian on a Raspberry B, although the version used is not compatible.

To avoid a block following updates I would like to change the hardware.

I have an ubuntu pc, I would like to install OpenHab them and export the configuration from the Raspberry.

The home automation objects were created a bit through the OpenHab web interface, a bit they were written manually in the configuration scripts.

Is there an easy way to be able to clone Raspberry’s OpenHab on the new Ubuntu?

Thanks so much!

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry Pi Model B Rev 2
    • openHAB version: openHAB 2.5.1-2 (Release Build)

Common… a little search ahead would have been nice.
I have to hit you with the How to ask a good question / Help Us Help You thread.

But I still want to help you :slight_smile:

There are several topic about your question.

3 Likes

Thanks for your help.
So do items created through the web interface also create script files?
Do I need only one backup / restore to get two openHabs that work identically? Do I also need to generate a new key for cloud services?

In one of the reported treads it seems that a user has failed with this procedure, however the scenario is different, on which he passes from an old versioen to a new one.

If I have time this weekend I try, I hope everything works at first glance!

What?
Items, Things, Chanel links etc created via PaperUI are stored in openhab_userdata/jsondb/
What scripts are you referring to? Could you maybe try to describe what you are looking for?

Theoretically, yes.
Be aware that change of IP might cause a slight inconvenience.
See first linked topic, comment.

I am not 100% sure about that one since I don’t use the cloud service. But since it’s restored backup I don’t think a new generated key is necessary.

I believe the system does this automatically. You likely will need to enter the new (secret & PID?) in myopenhab.

hi, by script I mean all configuration files like: .items .things .sitemap etc.
I didn’t know that PaperUI wrote in jsondb, I will try to understand the syntax.

Thanks again!

Okay, I’ll let you know after the replacement, thanks

Hi everyone, I have done, i have changed the poor raspberry pi b with a powerful barebones pc.
The OH2’s backup/restore procedure works fine, it’s fast, simply and there is a good documentation on internet.

the only problems i encountered on python scripts.
These scheduled script read the Google Calendar and the Geolocalization of our mobile phones.

at first I was unable to start the scripts due to problems with permissions on the files, then the environment requirements were missing in my pc.

when installing the mosquitto client I was wrong and I installed the server.

Logically, the new mqtt broker conflicted with the one integrated in OH2.

In the end I still managed to make everything work (I hope, since at this moment my ubuntu is upgrading the version).

the only thing I haven’t been able to do is make OH2 make sounds.
From the speaker connected to the headphones, or from the HDMI audio output, I hear the sounds of Ubuntu system, I can play audio files and I hear youtube videos, but no sound comes from OH2.

I did some tests from the console trying to play audio or TextToSpeak but I don’t hear anything I have errors.

Do you have any idea what it could be? I thought that OH2 is probably using an audio subsystem that is not working or not installed on the system, but in PaperUI the only audio setting is set to “use system speaker”.

Thanks bye!

Don’t jump topics, open new threads.
How to ask a good question / Help Us Help You - Tutorials & Examples - openHAB Community

1 Like

true, sorry! I do it right away

N.B. the problem was still dependent on the change of hardware, so I think it appropriate to complete the discussion with this note for those who are browsing this forum in search of solutions.

I believe that backup / restore scripts do not carry system dependencies but only configuration scripts.

I had to install the libttspico-utils package to give the system the ability to use TTS.

Thanks bye!

That makes sense since Java is cross platform.