Harmony binding only show curent activity

Hi, I try to configure the Harmony binding but it doesn’t work. I always get this message :

2016-01-18 13:07:18.914 [ERROR] [i.internal.GenericItemProvider] - Binding configuration of type ‘harmonyhub’ of item ‘TV‘ could not be parsed correctly.
at org.openhab.binding.harmonyhub.internal.HarmonyHubGenericBindingProvider.validateItemType(HarmonyHubGenericBindingProvider.java:54) ~[na:na]

2016-01-18 13:07:26.939 [ERROR] [i.internal.GenericItemProvider] - Binding configuration of type ‘harmonyhub’ of item ‘kodi‘ could not be parsed correctly.
at org.openhab.binding.harmonyhub.internal.HarmonyHubGenericBindingProvider.validateItemType(HarmonyHubGenericBindingProvider.java:54) ~[na:na]

this is my items file :

Switch TV “TV ON/OFF” { harmonyhub="[press:27550024 Receiver:TogglePower]" }
String Harmony_Activity “activity [%s]” { harmonyhub="
[currentActivity]" }
Switch kodi “kodi” { harmonyhub=">[start:Kodi]" }

the weird thing is the String item with the current activity work fine

Anyone can help me ?

what is “27550024 Receiver” ? is the device name “Receiver” and its id is “27550024”? If so you can specify either one, like
Switch TV "TV ON/OFF" { harmonyhub="*[press:Receiver:TogglePower]" }
or
Switch TV "TV ON/OFF" { harmonyhub="*[press:27550024:TogglePower]" }

Is Kodi the name of an activity? Its case sensitive, so make sure its really Kodi and not kodi or KoDi or something. for me the cleanest way to to support switching activities is to not use the “start” function and instead just use the “currentActivity” item. So in your sitemap you would have a button like so:

Switch item=Harmony_Activity label="Activity [%s]" mappings=[PowerOff='Off',Kodi=''Kodi']

eh … receiver is nothing i taught it was needed …

so i make the change :

Switch TV “TV ON/OFF” { harmonyhub="*[press:27550024:PowerToggle]" }

But i still have the same error.

And this Switch item=Harmony_Activity label=“Activity [%s]” mappings=[PowerOff=‘Off’,Kodi=’‘Kodi’]
work without any error

try using > and not *, also it needs to be a String, not an switch. Actually I would not use the “start” function and instead use currentActivity. Its confusing I know :frowning: I should remove this as currentActivity does the same thing only better. The good news Is I finished a rewrite for openhab2 that will make things much simpler.

Sorry I misread your post! try this for an item:
String TV "TV ON/OFF" { harmonyhub=">[press:27550024]" }
and this in your sitemap
Switch item=TV mappings=[PowerToggle='Power']

This sends the string ‘PowerToggle’ to the item TV when pressed.

Ok WOW thanks it’s working now !!

One more thing : is it possible with this to put a on/of switch instead of a toggle button ? (i already create a rule that said if Toggletv receive command send powertoggle to item TV and it’s working but if I could do it without a rule it would be more “clean”