Harmony Binding Stopped Working in OH1

Sup? As I see in the link you posted the jar file has 4.2mb, did you take it from here?

Yes, but that link directs you to the newest build wich seems slightly different than what I downloded three days ago.

4400300 bytes /1024 / 1024 = 4,19mb

Still not working for me … :frowning:

Same for me!
Could someone who tried this binding tell us what to change in oh.cfg? Should we delete user/pass/ip? And let only the name as it says on wiki? Or it’s enough to comment these info?

I have commented all the old statements including IP and just added disoveryName in openhab.cfg. Works for me without issues up to now.

did the same and it’s not working … it’s working on OH2 so i’m planing a migration … but i have a bug in OH2 too it’s not initializing the item when the server restart so i need to delete it and recreate it

What OH are you using and what binding? can you please post the links for download?
Thanks

I’ve already mentioned these information some posts above

Hi

I currently have a strange problem with this binding (the new 1.9 one): When I restart my OH Server it seems that the discovery of the HUB doesn’t work. In the logfile I can’t get any information, the only one is

[INFO ] [o.harmonyhub.HarmonyHubGateway] - HarmonyHub gateway activated
[DEBUG] [o.harmonyhub.HarmonyHubGateway] - running for qualifier  and client null

I can’t really reproduce this but now I’ve found out that if I start the system without my item, it seems to work correctly (don’t know whether or not this really makes the difference but it worked several times now). After the OH Server is running, i can add my item and everything works fine (until next server restart). Does anyone have an idea???

My (only) item for this binding is

String  VAR_Living_Harmony_Activity  "Aktivität [%s]" (GRP_Living_Media)  {  harmonyhub="<[currentActivity]" }

Regards
Dieter

Tried this and it finds the hub, but I cannot trigger activities. Could it be that the add-on has trouble with multiple hubs in one account. This is everything I get out of the log if I try to update via sitemap:

12:39:02.186 [DEBUG] [b.h.internal.HarmonyHubBinding:123  ] - internalReceiveCommand(Harmony_Kino_Activity,FireTV) is called!
12:39:02.194 [DEBUG] [o.harmonyhub.HarmonyHubGateway:436  ] - startActivity for qualifer Kino and activity FireTV
12:39:02.206 [DEBUG] [o.harmonyhub.HarmonyHubGateway:317  ] - running for qualifier Kino and client null

And this is the output if I try it via a rule:

12:42:02.530 [ERROR] [o.o.c.s.ScriptExecutionThread :48   ] - Error during the execution of rule 'startcinema'
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
        at org.openhab.action.harmonyhub.internal.HarmonyHubActionService.isProperlyConfigured(HarmonyHubActionService.java:47) ~[na:na]
        at org.openhab.action.harmonyhub.internal.HarmonyHub.harmonyStartActivity(HarmonyHub.java:93) ~[na:na]
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_111]
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[na:1.8.0_111]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[na:1.8.0_111]
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[na:1.8.0_111]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.invokeOperation(XbaseInterpreter.java:729) ~[na:na]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter._featureCallOperation(XbaseInterpreter.java:713) ~[na:na]
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor66.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[na:1.8.0_111]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.util.PolymorphicDispatcher.invoke(PolymorphicDispatcher.java:291) ~[na:na]
        at org.openhab.model.script.interpreter.ScriptInterpreter.internalFeatureCallDispatch(ScriptInterpreter.java:69) ~[na:na]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter._evaluateAbstractFeatureCall(XbaseInterpreter.java:658) ~[na:na]
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor63.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.util.PolymorphicDispatcher.invoke(PolymorphicDispatcher.java:291) ~[na:na]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.internalEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:218) ~[na:na]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter._evaluateBlockExpression(XbaseInterpreter.java:321) ~[na:na]
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_111]
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[na:1.8.0_111]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.internalEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:218) ~[na:na]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.evaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:204) ~[na:na]
        at org.openhab.model.script.internal.engine.ScriptImpl.execute(ScriptImpl.java:59) ~[na:na]
        at org.openhab.core.scriptengine.ScriptExecutionThread.run(ScriptExecutionThread.java:44) ~[na:na]

I managed to get it working by re-assigning the name in the Harmony Hub App. Before that I had the problem with “Could not find a HarmonyHub with the discovery name LivingRoom”.

Could you please share your items? i think there might be a problem wit my items config…
Thanks.

I got it!!!
The problem was that i deleted all the harmony jar files from the addons and i had only the io snapshot :slight_smile: you have to have also the harmony binding jar 1.8.3 or whatever release!
Now does anyone know how to turn on the tv on a specific chanel? i tried to create an activity in the harmony app tu turn my tv on on a specific channel lets say channel 123 and it turns my tv on the last channel so its not working.
Any help near the new year will be kindly appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks all and HAPPY NEW 2017!!! to all

After substituting org.openhab.io.harmonyhub-1.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar by above mentioned version https://openhab-ci.innoq.io/jenkins/view/openHAB/job/openhab-1/ws/bundles/io/org.openhab.io.harmonyhub/target/ it works again.
The strange thing is, that the “old” binding worked for me for weeks without any change. But suddenly since a few days, the binding stopped working … this new binding now works now again. Hope it runs for mor than some weeks :wink:
Thanks @digitaldan for your excellent work!

In general the new addon 1.9.0 SNAPSHOT is working and is able to read values.

But actions seem to be a problem - see the following errors:

#1:
18:48:00.682 [DEBUG] [o.harmonyhub.HarmonyHubGateway:373 ] - pressButton for qualifer Harmony Hub device Telekom DVR and button Play
18:48:00.683 [DEBUG] [o.harmonyhub.HarmonyHubGateway:317 ] - running for qualifier Harmony Hub and client null
18:48:00.686 [ERROR] [o.o.c.s.ScriptExecutionThread :50 ] - Error during the execution of rule ‘Incoming Call Active - Mute’: No client ‘Harmony Hub’ defined

#2:
18:45:24.817 [DEBUG] [o.harmonyhub.HarmonyHubGateway:373 ] - pressButton for qualifer null device Telekom DVR and button Pause
18:45:24.818 [DEBUG] [o.harmonyhub.HarmonyHubGateway:317 ] - running for qualifier and client null
18:45:24.820 [ERROR] [o.o.c.s.ScriptExecutionThread :50 ] - Error during the execution of rule ‘Incoming Call Active - Mute’: No client ‘’ defined

Today I needed to restart my openhab and now the harmony doesn’t work again (it run the last 15 days).

[o.harmonyhub.HarmonyHubGateway] - Could not find a HarmonyHub with the discovery name harmonyhub

I’ll give it up now and am going to solder an arduino with IR emitter (MySensors). This should work stable :frowning:

I think there is something wrong with the binding! I renamed the hub and than the binding was working fine but now again my hub doesn’t work and I can’t figure why!
I don’t know how stable is this Harmony hub in OH 2, I have OH 1.8.3!
@digitaldan could you please help us? The binding is working well for a few consecutive days but than it will simply stop working.
Thanks!

Hi all, I’m not sure what the issue is, I am unfortunately not running OH1. Are you specifying the host as well?

Hi,
What do you mean by the host? You mean the IP in openhab.cfg? If this is the case, I commented all three settings: IP, user and pass in the cfg file.

I had the same thing happening, went to this page:

and read up to find they changed things so you don’t need to have a configuration line in your openhab.cfg file that specifies the ip address.

Now just add a line like this:

harmonyhub:discoveryName=

Put it in place of the old “harmonyhub:host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx” where you had specified your IP address (I commented mine out with a # at the beginning of the line, just incase this new way didnt work)
replace with the name of your hub which you can find by opening the Harmony app on your phone or tablet or whatever and open the MENU and choose ABOUT and then VERSIONS
If you have a space in your hubs name, you don’t need to put quotes around the whole name…so if Harmony Hub is the name of your hub the line should read:

harmonyhub:discoveryName=Harmony Hub

Hope that helps