Harmony Hub Binding - Understanding how to use

Below are my items that came out of the hub (first three) and the TV which is all this particular hub will be managing:

String FamilyRoomHarmonyHub_ButtonPress “Button Press” {channel=“harmonyhub:hub:FamilyRoomHarmonyHub:buttonPress”}
Player FamilyRoomHarmonyHub_Player “Player Control” {channel=“harmonyhub:hub:FamilyRoomHarmonyHub:player”}
String FamilyRoomHarmonyHub_CurrentActivity “Current activity” {channel=“harmonyhub:hub:FamilyRoomHarmonyHub:currentActivity”}

String FamilyRoomPanasonicTV_ButtonPress “Button press” {channel=“harmonyhub:device:FamilyRoomHarmonyHub:########:buttonPress”}

Pulled out the below JSON:

JSON:

[{“parameters”:[],“parameterGroups”:[],“description”:“Current activity for Family Room Harmony Hub”,“label”:“Current Activity”,“itemType”:“String”,“kind”:“STATE”,“stateDescription”:{“pattern”:"%s",“readOnly”:false,“options”:[{“value”:“PowerOff”,“label”:“PowerOff”},{“value”:“Watch TV”,“label”:“Watch TV”}]},“tags”:[],“UID”:“harmonyhub:hub:FamilyRoomHarmonyHub:currentActivity”,“advanced”:false},{“parameters”:[],“parameterGroups”:[],“description”:“Send a button press to device Family Room Panasonic TV”,“label”:“Send Button Press”,“itemType”:“String”,“kind”:“STATE”,“stateDescription”:{“readOnly”:false,“options”:[{“value”:“PowerOff”,“label”:“Power Off”},{“value”:“PowerOn”,“label”:“Power On”},{“value”:“PowerToggle”,“label”:“Power Toggle”},{“value”:“Star”,“label”:"*"},{“value”:“Number0”,“label”:“0”},{“value”:“Number1”,“label”:“1”},{“value”:“Number2”,“label”:“2”},{“value”:“Number3”,“label”:“3”},{“value”:“Number4”,“label”:“4”},{“value”:“Number5”,“label”:“5”},{“value”:“Number6”,“label”:“6”},{“value”:“Number7”,“label”:“7”},{“value”:“Number8”,“label”:“8”},{“value”:“Number9”,“label”:“9”},{“value”:“Mute”,“label”:“Mute”},{“value”:“VolumeDown”,“label”:“Volume Down”},{“value”:“VolumeUp”,“label”:“Volume Up”},{“value”:“PrevChannel”,“label”:“Prev Channel”},{“value”:“ChannelDown”,“label”:“Channel Down”},{“value”:“ChannelUp”,“label”:“Channel Up”},{“value”:“DirectionDown”,“label”:“Direction Down”},{“value”:“DirectionLeft”,“label”:“Direction Left”},{“value”:“DirectionRight”,“label”:“Direction Right”},{“value”:“DirectionUp”,“label”:“Direction Up”},{“value”:“Select”,“label”:“Select”},{“value”:“Stop”,“label”:“Stop”},{“value”:“Play”,“label”:“Play”},{“value”:“Rewind”,“label”:“Rewind”},{“value”:“Pause”,“label”:“Pause”},{“value”:“FastForward”,“label”:“Fast Forward”},{“value”:“SkipBackward”,“label”:“Skip Backward”},{“value”:“SkipForward”,“label”:“Skip Forward”},{“value”:“Return”,“label”:“Return”},{“value”:“Menu”,“label”:“Menu”},{“value”:“Favorite”,“label”:“Favorite”},{“value”:“Green”,“label”:“Green”},{“value”:“Red”,“label”:“Red”},{“value”:“Blue”,“label”:“Blue”},{“value”:“Yellow”,“label”:“Yellow”},{“value”:“Info”,“label”:“Info”},{“value”:“Exit”,“label”:“Exit”},{“value”:“Aspect”,“label”:“Aspect”},{“value”:“ClosedCaption”,“label”:“ClosedCaption”},{“value”:“Input”,“label”:“Input”},{“value”:“InputComponent1”,“label”:“InputComponent1”},{“value”:“InputComponent2”,“label”:“InputComponent2”},{“value”:“InputHdmi1”,“label”:“InputHdmi1”},{“value”:“InputHdmi2”,“label”:“InputHdmi2”},{“value”:“InputHDMI3”,“label”:“InputHDMI3”},{“value”:“InputPc”,“label”:“InputPc”},{“value”:“InputTuner”,“label”:“InputTuner”},{“value”:“InputVideo1”,“label”:“InputVideo1”},{“value”:“InputVideo2”,“label”:“InputVideo2”},{“value”:“InputVideo3”,“label”:“InputVideo3”},{“value”:“InputVideo4”,“label”:“InputVideo4”},{“value”:“SAP”,“label”:“SAP”},{“value”:“SdCard”,“label”:“SdCard”},{“value”:“SubMenu”,“label”:“SubMenu”},{“value”:“VieraLink”,“label”:“VieraLink”},{“value”:“VieraTools”,“label”:“VieraTools”}]},“tags”:[],“UID”:"harmonyhub:device:FamilyRoomHarmonyHub:########

I have one Activity called “Watch TV”. And correct me if I’m wrong but there is another default Activy called PowerOff which I assume shuts down everything tied to the current activity?

Like some help understanding with the SiteMap:

1. How do I call the “Watch TV” activity?

2. How do I use some of the values above to create a remote? Wasn’t sure if youfor example would use “Number0” or “0” or “ChannelUp” or “Channel Up” and what that example would look like?

Thanks for your help getting me started on this.

JR

1 Like