Harmony Hub Binding

since a few weeks my harmony hub switch my TV, AV Receiver ON, without any active commando?

is there a possibility to control which Device or system who’s the trigger for the event?

i just looked in the event log and i saw that harmony hub is doing this…

here the event log:
2023-04-03 15:50:55.017 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ChannelTriggeredEvent ] - harmonyhub:hub:homeHarmonyHub:activityStarting triggered TVgucken

can i check otherwise who’s trigger this?

THX!

Have you opened any port to the internet on your router ?
In case your OH interface is reachable from the internet it is possible that people that found your OH instance play games and turn things on and off.
Have a look at shodan.io and check if your public ip and opened port is found there.
It does not help to open any non standard port … opened ports will be found and (mis)used.

That is the binding receiving an “activity started” event from the Hub and firing off a trigger, not openHAB sending anything. I would check to see if there any other messages showing something in openHAB sending a command to your current “currentActivity” channel.

just outgoing Ports are opened…not incoming ports…

ok, thx for the first indication that no the openhab is sending anything a trigger, so the trigger comes from the harmony hub.

have you an idea in which log or anything else i can have a look for searching the trigger?
i just know the openhab.log and event.log

Try turning an activity on and see what is in your logs, then look for that. For example, this is an example from one of my hubs of starting the “Apple TV” activity from openHAB

08:23:03.504 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent       ] - Item 'HarmonyHubGuestHouseActivity' received command AppleTV
08:23:03.505 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'HarmonyHubGuestHouseActivity' predicted to become AppleTV
08:23:03.528 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateUpdatedEvent  ] - Item 'HarmonyHubGuestHouseActivity' updated to AppleTV
08:23:03.531 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent  ] - Item 'HarmonyHubGuestHouseActivity' changed from PowerOff to AppleTV

If you don’t see something similar to that first line where your currentActivity item receives a command then i’m not sure this is openHAB doing anything.

Have you linked your Harmony Hub to any 3rd party services in the past, like Alexa, Siri or Google Home? Just trying to think what else could have access to your hub (not through openHAB)

yes i’m connected to Alexa openhab cloud.

but in which LOG i’m seeing which or what command is triggering the harmony hub?

is this the event.log?

As i mentioned, i was asking not through openHAB, so have you used Logitech’s Alexa integration (or google or something else) directly? Trying to troubleshoot if this is something not openHAB related

I forgot to ask as well, do you have any rules that might be doing this on accident? Although i would still expect to see an item event in the log.

Yes.

i did is as you mentioned @digitaldan

when i start the Activity “watching television” normally, so when i give the command, there is following log:

2023-04-10 19:31:28.510 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'harmony_hub_tv_act' received command ON
2023-04-10 19:31:28.523 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'harmony_hub_tv' received command TVgucken
2023-04-10 19:31:28.539 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'harmony_hub_tv_act' changed from OFF to ON
2023-04-10 19:31:28.542 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'harmony_hub_tv' predicted to become TVgucken

when the activity started without any command and turns ON my Devices the log looks like:

2023-04-10 18:11:43.952 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ChannelTriggeredEvent ] - harmonyhub:hub:HarmonyHub:activityStarting triggered TVgucken
2023-04-10 18:11:58.638 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ChannelTriggeredEvent ] - harmonyhub:hub:HarmonyHub:activityStarted triggered TVgucken

so in my opinion it doesn’t looks similar?!

so just for summary:
i’m using ALEXA over the OpenHAB Cloud Connector. What i tried as well, was to delete all Device’s in Alexa, and my TV, AV, also switched ON…so i think a lokal trigger is responsible for the issue?!

This still uses openHAB items, just like anything else, so you would see the same messages in your event log as if you started it from the openHAB UI. So deleting those items would not have changed anything

Well, not from openHAB, triggers in the binding just report what the harmony hub is doing, they don’t send commands. So this does not look like it’s openHAB doing anything. You could try turning on DEBUG logging using the openHAB cli and then check the openhab.log file for any other details , but if you do not see an item event, i don’t see how this is openHAB yet.

log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.harmonyhub

OK, i think i understood :slight_smile:
fyi…i deleted all things and devices from openhab cloud connector and removed the binding and reinstalled as new. But without solution…harmony hub is triggered as well my devices ON :unamused:

regarding the logs i think i’m not so fit with the logs events to search what or how is triggering this.

if i type the Debug in the cli following output comes?

openhabian@openhabian:~ $ log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.harmonyhub
-bash: log:set: command not found
openhabian@openhabian:~ $

see our docs on the The Console | openHAB

• Linux package based installations can also use the command openhab-cli console.
    The default username/password is openhab:habopen, so enter habopen at the password prompt.

You need to first open the console with openhab-cli console then enter the log command.
When you are finished debugging, you can reset the log back with:

log:set DEFAULT org.openhab.binding.harmonyhub

Also i asked if you had any rules that may be controlling this, do you ?

ahh, ok now i’ve started the Debugging :slight_smile:

yes i have the same rules as a long time (switching on/off TV) which were working and i never changed anything in rules a long time as well!
as i mentioned before, the issue is since i’ve changed from a Raspi 3 to a Raspi 4

I would check to see if those are somehow firing

Really? I don’t see that mentioned in this thread.

“I would check to see if those are somehow firing”

if you meaning to check in the events.log, nothing else i saw regarding this in the events.log or openhab.log

“Really? I don’t see that mentioned in this thread.”

I’m sorry…then this was in my mind because i troubleshooted a lot before i got to this forum with my issue.

here is the Debugging from the openhab.log as the harmony hub again switched the devices on without command:

2023-04-11 19:05:16.032 [DEBUG] [discovery.HarmonyHubDiscoveryService] - StartScan called
2023-04-11 19:05:16.037 [DEBUG] [discovery.HarmonyHubDiscoveryService] - Creating Harmony server on port 43341
2023-04-11 19:15:16.040 [DEBUG] [discovery.HarmonyHubDiscoveryService] - StartScan called
2023-04-11 19:15:16.044 [DEBUG] [discovery.HarmonyHubDiscoveryService] - Creating Harmony server on port 45911
2023-04-11 19:25:16.049 [DEBUG] [discovery.HarmonyHubDiscoveryService] - StartScan called
2023-04-11 19:25:16.051 [DEBUG] [discovery.HarmonyHubDiscoveryService] - Creating Harmony server on port 41289
2023-04-11 19:35:16.054 [DEBUG] [discovery.HarmonyHubDiscoveryService] - StartScan called
2023-04-11 19:35:16.059 [DEBUG] [discovery.HarmonyHubDiscoveryService] - Creating Harmony server on port 43961
2023-04-11 19:42:21.944 [DEBUG] [b.internal.handler.HarmonyHubHandler] - Received ACTIVITY_IS_STARTING activity status for TVgucken
2023-04-11 19:42:36.630 [DEBUG] [b.internal.handler.HarmonyHubHandler] - Received ACTIVITY_IS_STARTED activity status for TVgucken
2023-04-11 19:42:36.664 [DEBUG] [b.internal.handler.HarmonyHubHandler] - Updating current activity to TVgucken
2023-04-11 19:42:36.964 [DEBUG] [b.internal.handler.HarmonyHubHandler] - Received HUB_IS_TURNING_OFF activity status for TVgucken
2023-04-11 19:42:38.958 [DEBUG] [b.internal.handler.HarmonyHubHandler] - Received HUB_IS_OFF activity status for PowerOff
2023-04-11 19:42:38.986 [DEBUG] [b.internal.handler.HarmonyHubHandler] - Updating current activity to PowerOff
2023-04-11 19:45:16.062 [DEBUG] [discovery.HarmonyHubDiscoveryService] - StartScan called
2023-04-11 19:45:16.066 [DEBUG] [discovery.HarmonyHubDiscoveryService] - Creating Harmony server on port 43413
2023-04-11 19:52:48.759 [DEBUG] [b.internal.handler.HarmonyHubHandler] - Received ACTIVITY_IS_STARTING activity status for TVgucken
2023-04-11 19:53:03.442 [DEBUG] [b.internal.handler.HarmonyHubHandler] - Received ACTIVITY_IS_STARTED activity status for TVgucken
2023-04-11 19:53:03.462 [DEBUG] [b.internal.handler.HarmonyHubHandler] - Updating current activity to TVgucken

and here from the events.log

2023-04-11 19:42:21.949 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ChannelTriggeredEvent ] - harmonyhub:hub:HarmonyHub:activityStarting triggered TVgucken
2023-04-11 19:42:30.631 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'harmony_hub_tv_act' received command OFF
2023-04-11 19:42:30.645 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'harmony_hub_tv' received command PowerOff
2023-04-11 19:42:30.659 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'harmony_hub_tv' predicted to become PowerOff

So this is saying that the only thing openHAB is doing is doing is hearing from the hub that it is turning on, it’s not sending any commands.

So i would say it’s not this openHAB that is doing anything through the harmony binding. Do you per chance have another openHAB server running, like on a desktop for testing, or maybe your old raspberry that maybe doing this?

OK thx!
what i will still try is following things:

• first i will deactivate teh harmony binding few days and have alook whether someting is happen

• when not then i will deactivate step by step some DLNA services in my smart home, maybe here gets something wrong what is triggering the harmony hub.

thx again for support and i will write feedback if i found the issue…

thx!

just a quick question…

how is the command to stop debugging for the harminy hub?