Harmony keeps disconnecting / communication error

Hi guys,

I run 2.5 M2 and have already updated the harmony binding to it’s latest snapshot. unfortunately my harmony keeps disconnecting. This is what I see in the logs:

2019-08-26 11:57:09.169 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'harmonyhub:hub:HarmonyHub2' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Could not connect: Disconnected
2019-08-26 11:58:09.178 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'harmonyhub:hub:HarmonyHub2' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Could not connect: Disconnected to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Could not connect: org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector$$Lambda$288/0x97c47a28@13b852c

I must add that I noticed already that the harmony wifi connection is not very stable. it’s own LED switches from green to red (disconnected) from time to time. but even then, in the past, openHAB did always reconnect to the hub. This isn’t the case anymore.

If I restart everything, it will work again for a few hours/days.

Any idea how to fix, troubleshoot?

best regards

Stefan

Did it work well with 2.5M2 ? If there were issues, what about 2.5M1 binding?
2.5M2 did not primarily aim to fix issues occuring in 2.5M1 or prior.

with M2 it didn’t. Then I remembered that even with M1 I upgraded to the snapshot version, as I wanted to use the webhooks rather than XMPP. Tbh the issue might be related to my network, but I’d like to understand the error messages I posted above to identify the error.

EDIT: I have now (hopefully) enabled DEBUG logging via console with
log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.harmonyhub

1 Like

Hi. Did you manage to get this to work? I have the same issue. thanks