Has anyone gotten RaZberry working with OpenHAB 2?

I have the UZB stick on the Rasberry Pi (I believe that is a similar controller?)

Are you sure it is the correct port you are referring?
As far as I remember, I had to add the user to a dialout group. You could offcourse run as root (while testing).

I have a Razberry working ok on my Raspi 2 so happy to join the discussion. Interesting comment about running as root. I am still doing this as routine. Maybe I need to do what’s needed so i can run as normal user.
ls -la /dev/ttyAMA0
crw-rw—T 1 root dialout 204, 64 Jul 23 08:35 /dev/ttyAMA0

I am running OpenHAB as root, and there are many posts on this forum saying to use /dev/ttyAMA0 for RaZberry. (USB sticks like yours use a different port.)

@Ash
What does ls -la /dev/tty*
give you?

I have openhab2 running on raspberry pi 2 till latest and as normal user instead of root.

OpenHAB 2 running with Razberry2. Working great so far.

That’s great. Can you tell @Ash and others how you did it?

To get Razberry2 to work I had to:

In /usr/share/openhab2/runtime/karaf/bin/setenv i had to add:
-Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/ttyAMA0:/dev/ttyUSB0"

In /boot/config.txt I had to add:
enable_uart=1

In /boot/cmdline.txt had to change the line to:
dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 elevator=deadline net.ifnames=0 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 rootwait

Thanks to ThomDietrich for putting me on the right track.

To note, on the Raspberry Pi 3 /dev/ttyAMA0 is used by the bluetooth.
Razberry2 board can be found on /dev/ttyS0

To get Razberry2 to work with Raspberry Pi 3:

sudo nano /usr/share/openhab2/runtime/karaf/bin/setenv

-Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/ttyS0:/dev/ttyUSB0"

sudo nano /boot/config.txt
Add to the end:

enable_uart=1

sudo nano /boot/cmdline.txt
Remove everything and add this:

dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 elevator=deadline net.ifnames=0 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 rootwait

Then run these commands:

sudo usermod -a -G dialout openhab
sudo usermod -a -G dialout pi
sudo usermod -a -G dialout root
sudo usermod -a -G tty openhab
sudo usermod -a -G tty pi
sudo usermod -a -G tty root
sudo reboot
3 Likes

No, that is wrong. I am using a Raspberry Pi 2 and the RaZberry board is accessible via ttyAMA0 not ttyS0 or any other port.

I am trying to run Beta 4 of openHAB2 but it does not find my Z-Wave board. One time it says “port does not exist”, the other time it says “port is in use”. But anyway, it just does not work.

I am actually running a working FHEM-Installation on a second SD card. This works fine with “/dev/ttyAMA0” on the same Raspberry Pi. The port there is “/dev/ttyAMA0@115200”. If I boot up openHAB Z-Wave does not work at all. The previous beta worked without problems on the same hardware.

So I assume something is really wrong with the Z-Wave bindings in b4.

Then could you please try with the latest snapshot build? Instructions here or here.

I will.

I had a little success now, after entering the port in HABmin and going back to the PaperUI I entered the port again - after about 4-5 tries it showed the controller as ONLINE, then scanning all nodes. Unfortunately most of them are unknown devices - weird, because I only use Fibaro, AeonLabs and Everspring which I thought are common devices on the market.

Anyway, I will give the latest snapshot a try and report back later.

I said Raspberry Pi 3, not 2.
Read the post carefully.
And it should work fine on the Raspberry Pi 2, just change to AMA0 instead of S0:

-Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/ttyAMA0:/dev/ttyUSB0"

Yes Sir. I will, Sir. I did, Sir. You are right, Sir. Just missed the “z” :wink:

1 Like

Okay, I did a clean install of the Snapshot. No luck: “serial port does not exist”.

I’ll try and hammer the port into the PaperUI until it works :wink:

Another weird behauviour of the PaperUI and the Z-Wave Controller settings:

• I enter “dev/ttyAMA0” into the port line
  • I get the error message “port /dev/ttyAMA0 does not exist”
  • I enter “dev/ttyAMA1” into the port line (just for testing)
  • I get the error message “port /dev/ttyAMA1 does not exist”
  • I open the config again and /dev/ttyAMA0 is still standing there ??
  • I click ok (or save and use)
  • I open the config again and /dev/ttyAMA1 is still standing there ??
  • I change it to /dev/ttyAMA0 and click ok

Edit:

Well, it works now. I had to add the port to the Java options (as described above) into /usr/share/openhab2/runtime/karaf/bin/karaf - then it worked after reboot. I still don’t know why I have to enter the port into PaperUI and in a shell script somewhere hidden deeply in my system. That doesn’t make any sense.

Anyway, right now it is working. Let’s see how it goes.

And I have reached my reply limit for this topic ?! Huh ?

Edit 2:

Z-Wave works now, it seems. Unfortunately most of my Fibaro motion and flooding sensors and other devices are unknown ?! Also my Everspring flooding sensor is “unknown” - I’ll have to go back to FHEM for the time being, so my house is operated correctly. I hope the missing devices will be sorted out soon - if I can help with that just let me know.

Edit 3:

What a weird system this is: I renamed one of my Fibaro dimmers (Z-Wave Node 16) to “FlurDG” in Habmin - now this node does not show up in the BasicUI nor the ClassicUI. In fact - I can’t do anything with it. And I get a very briefly error message in the PaperUI saying something similar to “database error 500” ?! I guess I will have to dig for log files …

Hi,
finally got it working after spending half a weekend on this …
Raspberry 3 with Debian Jessie, Razberry Z-Wave interface, Aeotec Multisensor and OpenHAB 2, latest offline snapshot.
Always encountered the same error message “device /dev/ttyAMA0 not found” in Paper UI - which is actually simply wrong.
After playing around with the setup for hours at some point the error message HABadmin changed to “device /dev/ttyAMA0 in use”, which brought me on the right track.
When I first installed the Razberry interface I followed the instructions given on http://razberry.z-wave.me/index.php?id=24, i.e. I also installed the software to test the interface.
This actually leaves a process running hogging the port.
You just need to switch it off by issung the command “/etc/init.d/z-way-server stop” and follow the excellent tutorial by Chris Jackson (http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/openhab/habmin) and your all set :slight_smile:
Hope that helps!

There is also an option to prepare your Raspberry Pi for Razberry in the openHABian Configuration Tool. Everyone using a Raspberry Pi and any variation of Rapbian should be able to use it.

Here you can find everything you need to do, including background infos.

With openhabian the razberry is working fine!!! And quick!!!

Hi,
can’t get this to work. Running oh 2.3.0 there is no file