Haseman RS-10PM2 Z-Wave device not detected

I still think validating that the correct file is in the modified binding is needed. After that;

I need to understand this. The normal process with a modified jar is this;

1. uninstall ui zwave
  2. in console; feature:install openhab-transport-serial
  3. drop modified jar in the addons folder
    Is the modified jar in your addons folder? If not where did you put it?

Second, I’m a little concerned that the bad file name might be messing things up. Did you start with a fresh 4.0.3 jar (copied from the tmp/kar again) to add the new correctly named file?

Third, it would be helpful to put the zwave binding in Debug after deleting the device, but before scanning. I’m pretty sure that will trigger a device scan of everything in the binding and will show what is or is not happening.

1 Like

Thanks for your support ! I will look into it either Monday evening or Tuesday.
Which tool did you use to “unzip” and look into the JAR ? I can do the unzipping on Windows PC and on Ubuntu.
I will also try sudo for the bundle command, however, I was logged in as my personal user when I executed the console and not as openhabian. I guess that might make a (huge?) difference ?

I started with a fresh copy of the Jar the second time, but I can always make a mistake of course. I will setup a new virgin OpenHAB environment to test everything. If you like, we can go through the process step by step.

What do you refer to as ZWave UI ? I didn’t uninstall that. I figured that was refering to the binding, but I might have misinterpreted that.

I did place the modified jar exactly where the original came from (and placed a copy of the original safe, but as I said, I’ll set up a new environment to make sure I didn’t make any mistakes there).

How can I place the ZWave binding in debug mode ? I’ll make sure then that it is placed in debug mode from the very first steps in the new environment (and please indicate how I can retrieve the logs).

Kind regards,

David.

A related thought also occurred to me, since the openhab-cli is normally opened by sudo, there should not have been a problem. However, with docker it could be different. Did you set up docker ID one of the two recommended ways way? openhab/openhab-docker: Repository for building Docker containers for openHAB (github.com)

That is not going to work. The location for OH to pick up modifications is different. The modified jar needs to be added to the addons folder as noted in the instructions above.

Two ways either in the console, log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.zwave or easier in OH4 there is a little gear on the page with the zwave binding documentation.

Lastly, and maybe easier. I see that the ZW DB changes with this included has been merged. There should be a new jar build by Monday. If you spin up your Docker to OH4M2 you can use the bundle:update with a link to this artifact. ALT: or drop a copy in addons, following the steps above) There have been some changes since 4.0, so you will have to upgrade for this jar to work.

1 Like

I pulled in the latest snapshot, and I’m happy to report that the ZWave entity (Haseman RS-10PM2) appears to work !

All switches that were activated show the correct state, and I can modify the switches. Voltage meassurement seems to work too, haven investigated the other meters yet.

What steps need to be taken to make this correct in the ZWave DB ?

• Renaming from RS-PM10 (older model) to RS-10PM2
  • Potentially renaming manufacturer from “ZWaveme” to Haseman Electric

By when would this popup in a stable release ?

Are there others things you would like me to investigate ?

Neither makes any difference and the mfg is derived from the Code, so can’t be changed. Haseman has just rebranded a device made by someone else.

Next stable will be 4.1 in mid-December (based on typical)

1 Like